1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

I built a monster, early 60s tank bike.

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by Kahsyrbag, Jul 15, 2017 at 11:03 PM.

1. Kahsyrbag

Kahsyrbag

[​IMG]
    This monstrosity weighs 120 pounds, but I have a 48 tooth gear in the front, and a 16 tooth in the back, next upgrade needs to be a internal three speed hub, usually am going at 18mph on average. The bike is might be a J. C. Higgins Freightliner, early '60s, but nobody knows.
    [​IMG]
    Everything sits on 1" thick solid wood, except for the speakers, 5/8" plywood. Switches go to the Bluetooth receiver, 9 band equalizer, sub amp, speaker amp, and tail light, there is a button on the handlebars for the horn, and a turn signal switch below the handle bars.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The unit top right is a Bluetooth receiver, the black box is a nine band equalizer.
    [​IMG]
    Far board is a 600 watt amp for the sub, near board is a 2X100 watt amp for the speakers.
    [​IMG]
    These are Boss Audio 6X9 Onyx NX694 800 watts per pair.
    [​IMG]
    This is a Boss Audio 12" Phantom P126DVC dual voice coil wired to run at 1 ohm, max power 2300 watts.

2. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

Wow, can we see a video of your monster in action?

3. KOTA

KOTA

Nice ride! You and member Guitarlcarl should get together and tour the country.

4. Kahsyrbag

Kahsyrbag

I'll get one up as soon as I can, anything in particular you would like a video of on it?

horsefarmer likes this.
  5. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

Oh man, just want to see you ridin' with the base boomin'. Perfect parade machine!

6. Kahsyrbag

Kahsyrbag

Found something cool for only a buck, so I'm gonna add my 3000 lumen headlight, as an off road light for it. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My project table is just a bit cluttered, light runs on 12v, and I have a plenty big enough one of those on the bike already, just gotta finish the edge

7. Kahsyrbag

Kahsyrbag

I don't have anyone that could video me riding it, but here is a walk through of everything.

Then realized I forgot to show the blinkers.

horsefarmer likes this.
  8. horsefarmer

horsefarmer

Cool! I did not grab one of those horns at Iola wi swap - darn it. :D

9. Kahsyrbag

Kahsyrbag

Ebay, $200 to $250, brass and black, black and blue, all chrome, and all nice and old but still work nicely.

10. Kahsyrbag

Kahsyrbag

[​IMG]
    Antique keg style Hamm's beer can, and a 3000 lumen Cree U7 motorcycle light.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bright enough to be seen in daylight.

handyandy1100 likes this.