How do you remove house paint?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have this clipper and i know that the og paint is underneath. Does anyone know what to use to remove the house paint without removing the original paint?
9120668234_db8e5a19d6_b.jpg

I have used oven cleaner with some success. Spray it on and let sit then wipe off with a wet rag. How long to let it sit? I have done from 30 seconds to 10 mins..depending on how it is working. I also have a bucket of water to rinse my rag in.

Looks like oil based paint, I was able to remove a layer of paint without getting the paint under it with the orange stripper. Not leave it on long and wipe it off. The baked factory paint seemed like pretty tough stuff compared to house paint.

if it is latex goof off and your done

Heat gun on low in conjunction with wood scrapers (cut to contour). Should blister the house paint and leave the factory finish unharmed. Food for thought.

i kinda like the color pattern on it
i know a lot of people do this with house paint to preserve the original paint so im gearing to bet its pretty clean underneath.
if it is latex paint then some soap and warm water would remove it.
as far as oil based paint you can try nail polish remover but it's time consuming and i do not know if it will affect the original paint.
the other method i have seen work well is oven cleaner
that's about all i got
Sean

Back