HodgePodge All Pro... ALL FINISHED!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HodgePodge All Pro

MplsCoaster said:
Looking forward to seeing your bike go together
Thank you good sir. I know its not one of the more dramatic builds out there but its incredibly low budget fun that should ride light years better than when I began.

Either going to paint it today or put it back together and make more riding adjustments... can't decide yet.

Green P1 said:
Its a little windy today so I didn't get around to painting the frame... but I did get a fresh coat of flat black back on the rims. Its going to kill my budget but I'm thinking I really wanna splurge on some red wall tires from Junkyrustybikes.com. We'll see.
I thought about them but the rims on my build are red so I ended up going with the red and black mountain bike tires

Wind died down today and I finally got the chance to lay down some enamel!!!

photo-31.jpg

Re: HodgePodge All Pro... Smothered in Red

One thing that I think is so cool, is the "ALL PRO" decal you have. When I was a kid, the rich kids had the Schwinns, most of the rest of us had Sears or Western Auto, but you got ragged if you had an ALL PRO, because that meant your bike came from K-Mart. This is back in the day when you wore Converse All Stars and anything else were called Catheads. This is not a slight against your bike, because as we know the same companies were making all of the bikes. It is just an old dude remembering silly junk from childhood.

Dig your build. That red really pops.

Thank you all very much for the compliments. I know it will by no means be one of the more extravagant builds but I'm confident it could be among the better of riders.

Got hodgepodge put back together partly tonight. Not ridable but rollable. I'm really liking how it's coming. Pictures to follow.

Something about the All Pro decal just wouldn't let me remove it. Now that I've got the red laid down i'm really wishing I'd saved the head badge sticker as well. Thanks for the info in the designation King. As much as I looked around info on this guy I've found very little. Serial number ground smooth and no info readily available on the Huffy DelRay All Pro cruiser. It was given to my father in the late 80's by a minor league baseball player at the Chevy dealership where he worked.

Here's a photo of Progress!! Yesterday I turned her into a roller. Today I installed the new brake cables!! EXCITING I KNOW!!
Drilled two small holes in the top tube to avoid zip ties holding the cables in place(which I abhor) and I couldn't really be much happier with how she's coming together at this point.

photo-32.jpg

Yeah, That is a Nice Lookin bike... A Very Clean, Less Is More Look ...

That red and black is killer!! Carry on Buddy! Peace

Roller no more... Now she's a rider! Took a couple hours and got the shifter and cable installed.
The shifter has been polished and painted a bit since you've last seen it.
photo-35.jpg

As stated in the past, I hate cables. For this frame, making the shifter cable only required one more hole to be drilled.
Getting the cable through the bottom bracket took a little doing but eventually I remembered an old thread somewhere on here with the zip tie trick!
photo-34.jpg

The hole in the chain stay was already present and in the perfect place!
photo-36.jpg

Now its time for a boat load of shakedown riding and tuning!

That bb pic gunsight photo is toooo cool.
Love the hidden cable.

Worried that this one is feeling a little too "fin" so we've now got a little chrome off an 1952 Huffy Convertible soaking in some white vinegar.

We've also got to figure out a direction to go with for the headlight. Already got a nice little idea for the taillight/license plate but we can't roll that out this early in the game...have to budget at least a little more of the next 2 months before my entire wad is blown.

Green P1 said:
Worried that this one is feeling a little too "fin" so we've now got a little chrome off an 1952 Huffy Convertible soaking in some white vinegar.
photo-37.jpg

Well... the chrome didn't come back quite like I'd dreamed... but I saw this one coming.

photo-38.jpg

Being an old K-Mart beach cruiser though... this thing gots ta have a coaster brake hanging on a chain stay!
We'll get her stripped down and painted up!

Latest posts

Back