Hercu-stein. FINISHED....for now.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1965 Hercules Tourist with '68 Sturmey S-5 five speed hub laced to a '71 S.A. Raleigh pattern hoop with a 22 tooth sprocket. The front wheels from the same '71. Brakes and seat are from a '70 women's Sport. The bars are from a dump bike wrapped with Cinelli 'cork' gel tape.

P1011572.jpg

P1011567.jpg

P1011573.jpg

P1011574.jpg

P1011571.jpg

P1011568.jpg

P1011575.jpg

P1011570.jpg

P1011569.jpg

Looking at the pics I realized I didn't de-rust the seat springs. Oh the shame! :oops:

Hooch said:
awesome! lately I have had a thing for these kinda bikes!

It's very hilly where I live so having a multispeed bike is a neccesity. I had planned on just refurbishing her (I have the original fenders and Hercules 3 speed wheel in good shape also) but then I fished a Raleigh out of the dumpster with the 5 speed hub and that changed everything! Plus I have some single speed cruisers and full fendered English bikes already. Gotta' mix it up!

Hey Slacker, don't be a slacker! :lol: Save that old Hercules. :D

Thanks for the praise guys. What do you think Kota? :?: :wink:

I think it looks FAST and FURIOUS........except the seat..........Don't be so lazy, FINISH the job!

Would look even BETTER with white tires. :roll:

KOTA said:
I think it looks FAST and FURIOUS........except the seat..........Don't be so lazy, FINISH the job!

Would look even BETTER with white tires. :roll:

You are absolutely correct on both counts! I think I know a guy with some tires. :wink: As far as my laziness goes I'm gonna have to sit down and figure out how to overcome that.

:shock: is that YOUR 1951 chevy deluxe four-door coupe??

Nope. It's in a junkyard an town. This stuff is sitting there rusting away. The owner is some pretty old guy, I don't think who does much out there. He was having a hard time getting around. He let me nose around one time to look for bikes. Didn't find any bikes but there are some cool cars and trucks in there just rotting away. The chevy is right off the side of the road.

ej599 said:
You are absolutely correct on both counts! I think I know a guy with some tires. :wink:

I'll bring the tires to New London. :roll:

Back