help! prewar schwinn?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bon

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
hi guys! i'm new to this incredible site and i wish someone might now what year and model of this schwinn bike that i recently bought.. only the frame and the tank are salvageable.. all i know is it is a prewar bike. thanks if you could shed some light on this one.
serial has GY 10 on top of 11160, on the side it has a logo with number 4100.

Pixo0337.jpg

pixo0332.jpg

Pixo0333.jpg

Pixo0335.jpg

Pixo0336.jpg

Pixo0334.jpg

This one has me stumped. The tank and head tube/top tube welds look exactly like a Schwinn. The drop outs and the serial number don't look like any Schwinn I've seen. :? With drop outs having ears like that, you'd think this frame would have a straight down tube.
I hope someone can figure this one out. That's about a $200 tank, by the way. :wink: Gary

Maybe the GY is Goodyear? This is a pic of a 1938 Goodyear bike, made by Colson. The dropouts look like yours. I also noticed the welds on the headtube, they aren't smooth like a Schwinn. Maybe a Colson?

acztk6.jpg

It rally doesn't look like a Schwinn to me. The tank obviously is, but maybe it's a prewar roadmaster or western flyer that a schwinn tank just happened to fit well.

ozzmonaut said:
It rally doesn't look like a Schwinn to me. The tank obviously is, but maybe it's a prewar roadmaster or western flyer that a schwinn tank just happened to fit well.

+1. That brazing job sure looks nice, whatever make it is. It will look sharp painted up. Gary

Darn :? When we bought this one,i was all Schwinn...now that you striped it,i'm totally blank. Everything looks legit,doesn't appear to had been tampered or modified...
ozzmonaut said:
yes maybe the tank just happed to fit in...Hahaha i guess we're going to Rat this one? :D

ozzmonaut said:
when we bought it, i was really thinkin schwinn, but then when i stripped it, i got a little messed up. the rear looks like the colson in the picture that Wildcat posted. maybe someone decades ago did this to this bike and its amazing he was able to put the schwinn tank to fit in. and he did a nice heck of a job.
B607 said:
ozzmonaut said:

+1. That brazing job sure looks nice, whatever make it is. It will look sharp painted up. Gary
am still thinkin if i'll just let it that way or maybe put the tank on this one i got.
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewto ... 16&t=57982
Cherryboxx said:
Darn :? When we bought this one,i was all Schwinn...now that you striped it,i'm totally blank. Everything looks legit,doesn't appear to had been tampered or modified...
ozzmonaut said:
yes maybe the tank just happed to fit in...Hahaha i guess we're going to Rat this one? :D
yeah maybe rat this one :D

Latest posts

Back