Help me on this one

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi wondering if I can get a little info on this new find I know the seat is not original the wood pedals are something I have not seen before.Hope the pics can help with what year it is also.

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    527.4 KB · Views: 302
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 286
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    310.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 261
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 247
I'm betting it's late-'30s Huffman-built. Love the unusual chainring and teardrop pedals. Any chance the wooden tread blocks are past replacements?

I've never seen that chain wheel and can't find a pic of one. It has a Colson look to it though.
It has red touch up paint, the seat post bolt has red paint on it and the fenders have a slightly different shade of red. The rack looks completely painted over. It's possible it and the fenders and everything have been changed out.
I think there may be more to the serial number. I would scrape the paint to see if there's another digit or another number just above or below it.
Then I would pull the cranks to see if it has any markings, a Schwinn would probably have an AS and 2 numbers for the year on them.

Manton and Smith ?
The frame style, thick strong welds and brass badge appear same-same, but different to my daily rider Chicago built Mead Crusader, attributed to M&S.
My chainring was AWOL, but if I recall would have been similar to yours as well, but with more swirls ala Colson etc.
I've never seen a 2 blade like yours.

That's all I got. Hope to learn along.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back