Hello for Louisiana

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I come from all over but I now reside and work near New Orleans with my familiy. My parents claim I was riding a bicycle before i could walk, and as a kid growing up in the 80's I had many bikes that I built from parts of other bikes that people had thrown away.
I learned at a young age how to build, fix, and install bicycles parts thanks to a Japanese bicycle shop owner outside the gates of Yokota AFB in Japan.

My latest project is a TSP Cycle Farm Oldster that I'm trying to figure out a shifter for with the Nuvinci hub, it currently has a Girvin fork I modified to fit the 27.5" wheel set which came off a Mongoose Rader that I cut up for a later project.

Killer ride you got there that headlight looks right at home on that fork [emoji1417][emoji92]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome. I live just down the Coast from you. Lots of great riding here.

Hello form the northshore. Nice ride. You ever make it to the bike fest in Abita?

Thanks all for the welcomes!

Yes, I have made it to bike fest only as a spectator in the past. I am hoping to go this year to participate. I'll just have to go at it alone if I can't get my wife and kids to go along this year.

Do you plan on going yourself or with a group? I am trying to talk two co-workers into going, however its never a guarantee they will show.

Last edited:
Thanks all for the welcomes!

Yes, I have made it to bike fest only as a spectator in the past. I am hoping to go this year to participate. I'll just have to go at it alone if I can't get my wife and kids to go along this year.

Do you plan on going yourself or with a group? I am trying to talk two co-workers into going, however its never a guarantee they will show.
Search for the Bon Jeudi Social Bike Ride on Facebook. I got mixed up with them almost two years ago. I'll be there with them this year if I go, which I plan to. Last year was kind of slow due to the threat of rain. My first year was 2015. Some of the bikes blew me away. Since then I've collected 6 bikes. Nothing custom. The most exotic I have is an Electra Ghostrider and a Nirve Cannibal.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back