Hardly Davidson now with pic's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the trip to the so-called LBS today looking for a spoke nipple for one of my Schwinn projects. It would have been a total waste of time (won't go into details) if I hadn't met a guy who had some spares. He also has a VERY KOOL motorized Elgin. I told him about the site-hopefully he'll sign up and tell us all about it.

krates024.jpg

krates025.jpg

krates028.jpg

Uh oh, someone else built a rear oil tank. My board tracker has the same type tank behind the seatpost. Your bike looks great!

ej599 said:
Beautiful bike. What kind of engine is that?

It's an 80cc engine kit he got from Ebay. He said it had sat up for about two years, and never was broken in, so it wasn't running very well. It seemed really hard to start. He also had another one that was smaller (49cc maybe?) mounted on an old MTB frame. That one started easier and ran better.

ok so this is sweet, you and the pea shooter have it going on. i want to create an early racing motorcycle quite like you did. i'm at the point at buying an engine. my question is, is it worth buying an engine? i know they look really cool, but can you get some good use out of them?

SAw this bike listed on DFW craigslist today. No price-just listed as "best offer." What do you guys think it's worth?

Back