****Hard Way****

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Well not real sure what I did but wanted to edit out some images of the start of my build thread... Long story short I deleted the thread. Began as a Cycle truck build but decided against it at this time and changed directions. I suppose I will briefly sum up where I am at now.........

Unknown year Western flyer badged ballooner. Shared to me by good friend and club brother Ratsphinx. Stripped with wire wheel and left to lightly rust before matte clear. Fender in rear to be swept back a touch and tank makings in progress.

20140715_190114_resized.jpg

20140716_172143_resized.jpg

20140717_201506_resized.jpg

20140717_202637_resized.jpg

20140716_184905_resized.jpg

20140718_204903_resized.jpg

Lookin great Chad! I see you pried yourself away from the Caddy for a bit!:D

I have walked away from it for a short while... had a small tornado come thru the neighborhood uprooting all our trees and removing shingles / debris from all the houses around me. Unfortunately the Caddy took a pretty rough beating. Smashed in windshield, deep paint and body gouges etc... I am having a hard time looking at her right now. :cry:

Local media claimed the storm as "straight line winds".... I have never seen straight line winds pull out a 4 ft chain link fence. Cement and all. It also took my neighbors 12x12 shed. GONE! like wizard of Oz GONE. no trace of it anywhere. Trees twisted off at the base and such. Oh well I still got my bikes

Wow, I hope no one was hurt! I can identify with the power of tornadoes living in Alabama. We've had our share in recent years. Broken stuff is still just stuff, broken people is a different story!

Sorry to hear about the crazy weather & glad you are all right. Oh, the joys of living in the midwest (tornado alley).

Sounds like the Caddy proved to be stronger than the shed.
Heartbreaking when something happens that quickly as well, it does tend to increase the impact on us.

From the early picture of your assistant you are already bringing along the next generation. Best wishes for you and the family at this time.

Thanks guys. Everything is pretty much back to the same old normal and we just push thru.
As for my assistant.. Well he keeps me smiling in the shop no doubt.
Last night we trimmed the fender mounting area and bathed the bike in more vinegar and salt water... think tonight we clear.

Latest posts

Back