HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HARD LUCK (7/16 door knobs and more dice!!)

Really cool karfer :wink: It's got a real "hot rod" look 8) Great pinstriping :D

Critter1 said:
Adam, i was checking out Hard Luck at the show.. Well done!

Did you shave off every other tooth on the rear cog, or did you weld a skip tooth cog to the original Shimano cog?
(I think it was a Shimano hub on there..) :)
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :lol: :lol:

sorry i forgot to answer the question. i simply get a regular cog with an even number of teeth and cut off every other tooth. the trick to making it work smooth is when you grind them off to radius the cuts in between the teeth so the chain rides smooth on the cog. if you just grind them off with out doing this chances are you would snap a chain and with the price of skip chains these days you dont want to have that happen.

karfer67 said:
sorry i forgot to answer the question. i simply get a regular cog with an even number of teeth and cut off every other tooth. the trick to making it work smooth is when you grind them off to radius the cuts in between the teeth so the chain rides smooth on the cog. if you just grind them off with out doing this chances are you would snap a chain and with the price of skip chains these days you dont want to have that happen.
Thanks for the help. I'm about to do this to a bike I picked up at Cyclefest. Will you be at the Sunny Side up show next weekend? If so I will see you there. Blue 8)

Back to Hard Luck guys. Congrats on your 1st place trophy at Cyclefest. Hard Luck looks just as good if not better in person. Color choices flow, you are amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of the striping at Sunny Side Up. Good Luck via Hard Luck!

Karfer, Awesome work on this build.
I finished up the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off Commemorative Six Pack Sampler and here are the two beers that you had in there.

Brew #2 - Ratty Truck 40W Stout
2.jpg

Brew #4 - Galt Town Brooligan Dubbel Carb Porter
4.jpg

Cheers!

thanks ray your bike is just as good our bikes are just different styles thats all. i am hoping for maybe to be in the top ten i would be happy with that.

kingfish254 said:
Karfer, Awesome work on this build.
I finished up the Rat Rod Bikes Build Off Commemorative Six Pack Sampler and here are the two beers that you had in there.

Brew #2 - Ratty Truck 40W Stout
2.jpg

Brew #4 - Galt Town Brooligan Dubbel Carb Porter
4.jpg

Cheers!

i am honored thank you very much BOTTOMS UP BRO!!!!

sorry i did not post pics yet. this is crunch time and i have a bunch of life issues i am dealing with at the same time. it will get done for sure just have no idea how i am gonna do the finished pics yet. the last of the pinstriping will happen tonight but my thing with the build off stands true that at least for me bad things tend to happen when i enter and this year is no different. all is ok (sorta) but it does not help thats for sure.

Re: HARD LUCK (7/26 issues)

Too bad you're not on the right coast, there's a tattoo parlor here in town called Hard Luck Tattoo Co. It would be a cool backdrop for your machine.

well i got something figured out for it (i think) i have been ummm to put it nicely "growing" it for a month. we will see i have a back up plan that would be much cooler but it worse comes to worse i can deal with what i got.

Fantastic build! Your on another level!
I love that seat! where ever did you find it?

Waazz up Adam !! congrats on another sick build, !!! very C 8) 8) L....

thanks bro long time no see. she aint quite done just yet :mrgreen:

It's gettin real close Adam. Done or not I hope you will be bringing you trophy winning Hard Luck to the show. Can't wait to see her again.

the bike is done pics are done i will start with the final updtate then post finished pics. to say the last few days have been interesting would not be fair but she is done and ray and with some luck (which i need right now) it will be there tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back