HARD LUCK (7/30 done final update)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well i am in this year with a what i was told is a pre war Colson frame. i have been gathering parts for this one for a long time and have it mapped out in my head. i spent the day just tossing parts at it to see what will stick.

011-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

014-3.jpg

013-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

017-2.jpg

018-3.jpg

and yes i know that is a front wheel in the back i was just checking for clearance which i had more than i thought i would. although some light clearance work may be needed once the tire is in.

Re: HARD LUCK

Sit back, relax, and let the man do his thing. I will put money down that this will be my favorite build this year. Karfer and I have the same taste in bikes and I can guarantee this will be good :wink:

Gold Street Customs said:
Wonder if there is going to be any striping ????? (hope I spelled that right) :lol: :lol: seriously I know you will do the west coast proud!!!!

yes sir there will be lots of it

today sucked was just one of those deals where everything i threw at it either did not look right or was not going to work easily. that and my friend brought his wife's Chrysler 300 over for me to pinstripe so that took a good chunk of the day. sitting and looking at it i decided to get started on the fork as it is going to eat up some time because yes it is a kustom deal. no pics sorry batteries died but nothing to so yet either i went hunting for headset cups and found that they are of the schwinn 1" size which i had no spares so i will have to take my lil stingray apart for them. OH and the sprocket i bought at a swap meet last year for....get this $10 and yea it was triple chromed when i got it. :mrgreen:

I think he got that as a award at one of his AA meetings :lol: but seriously Adam i know you'll do this frame justice, i'l'l keep an eye on the transformation for sure ! 8)

well sadly route 66 had to give up a headset cup for the cause but i intend on redoing that bike at some point. you will notice the fork is setup inverted more to come on that one. oh and the 26 inch white walls are just mock up to try and nail down the ride height which will be low this one will live up to the pedal grinder name for sure. oh and i just got done at midnight hehe

002-6.jpg

001-6.jpg

003-7.jpg

004-7.jpg

played around a bunch with where i wanted the front end to sit and i think i want this one in the weeds even more so than the hooligan was. once you see the rest of the fork once built it will make more sense.
006-6.jpg

and time to turn it up a notch
005-7.jpg

Re: HARD LUCK (update 5/4)

spent about 2 hrs this morning looking at it trying to get into that zen mode where everything you toss at the bike works. did not get there so not much got done however after some measuring the double rims wont work not without some serious frame mods once the tire is on. so looks like 26 inch wheels it will have to be. i promise some pics real soon you guys are making me look bad with all the updates.

Skipton said:
Well I am glad you are in RRBO6! missed you last time

Can't wait to see what happens with the fork!

The front wheel is a full foot out there :shock: :mrgreen:

yes sir it is. i doubt it will end up quite that far out there but i want the front end low so if thats what it takes to clear the tire ohhhh too bad. and Greg dont worry i have something to fix the lack of 67 i just have not shown that card just yet. as you know i have other bikes i am doing while doing this one too.

bighit said:
i love the steering wheel. keep pushing.

thanks bro got some stuff done yesterday and even today woo hoo. worked on that AA emblem got it wraped up mostly and started mounting the ummm handlebars. however batteries died in the camera so pics will come later. come on you guys know how i roll sneaky like. i dont even bother with the soft focus pics :lol:

got a few things done with the bike. first was i wanted to get the handlebars on the bike. well if you can call them that i guess. you will note i set the fork back up for a regular setup this was because i had no room to do what i wanted. i did have to enlarge the hole on the wheel (man i hope these are not rare) to make it fit.

001-7.jpg

003-8.jpg

next up well being bored and a few beers does weird things to a builder. set the drill press shallow and had at it on the top crown
005-8.jpg

008-5.jpg

010-6.jpg

now again to turn it up. some of you will notice i have been using some parts i had on a/a altered. this leaf spring was given to me by a friend and is off a 29 ford. i have always wanted to do a leaf fork and here we go. but because of how low i want the front wheel i have to rethink a few things
011-5.jpg

013-3.jpg

you will note the spring is up top you will see why
015-3.jpg

had to go high with the spring because otherwise the front would have been too soon. thanks for looking

Latest posts

Back