"GULF SWING" Fat tire Swingbike build! As done as it is gunna be!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "GULF SWING" Finally settled on a design!

CRASH said:
And now a Swing Bike? Man, you really turned a corner on this build! :lol:
:D Yep! Found my groove and now it is time to get it built! (Helps when you know what it is you are building! :lol: )

Luke.

Cool design! You are how big? 8) good luck riding that one! Pleas, make a video! :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the video

Rich :mrgreen:

Btw: above comments are said completely in fu :lol:

RichL said:
Cool design! You are how big? 8) good luck riding that one! Pleas, make a video! :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the video

Rich :mrgreen:

Btw: above comments are said completely in fu :lol:
6 foot 4" Rich! Think I should be fine to ride it. (In a straight line anyway, getting the swing thing happening might take me a while, specially with the rake I am putting on the front end!) :shock:

As always, videos will be taken and posted! Probably of me at the hospital getting my knees and elbows cleaned up!

Luke.

if you are used to windows paint, you might want to download the freeware version paint.net - it's like the old paint but with cooler features similar to paintshop pro.... just having layering capability saves lots of time because you can trace over things, and then delete the background layer you traced over, vs. having to fill and paint over items over and over.......

wow I just looked at all the builds they are awesome! fun to see them all growing in parallel....

Just arrived in the mail, the seat patch! :D

10163485763_2fbe1942e8_z.jpg

Luke.

Choppy choppy!

10163981345_640a6aebb9_z.jpg

The top tubes are not quite as long as I hoped, but I will make that up with more fork and stem length... As Rich pointed out, it will be a big bike! I will just be able to stand over the top tube! :shock: I think a low sissy bar may be in order, just so mounting and dismounting is easier!

Luke.

Re: "GULF SWING" Choppy choppy!

CRASH said:
And you're 6'4"? That's going to be a huge bike!!
:lol: Yep! I suppose it is the same size as a 26" swing bike would be, the thing is the rear pivot is above the back wheel, adding 4 to 5 inch's to the height. Going to try and lower the rear pivot point as close to the wheel as I can, might be able to find an inch or 2 there...

Luke.

I can't tell you how amped I am to see this completed! :shock: A swing bike is one thing I've always wanted to build and just keep putting off. So cool!

bigfatcat said:
I can't tell you how amped I am to see this completed! :shock: A swing bike is one thing I've always wanted to build and just keep putting off. So cool!
Me too BFC! I watch them videos by other members from here on YouTube, and just want to try it! :lol:

This one is my favorite: http://youtu.be/R5P70XtI4zQ

Finding those nice curved tubes on the girls bike is what started all this off... :wink:

Luke.

Luke, I just watched that video those things are crazy cool can't wait to see yours finished.

LukeTheJoker said:
bigfatcat said:
Me too BFC! I watch them videos by other members from here on YouTube, and just want to try it! :lol:

This one is my favorite: http://youtu.be/R5P70XtI4zQ

Finding those nice curved tubes on the girls bike is what started all this off... :wink:

Luke.

Just watched the vid as well, they are awesome love that sort of drifting around corners
at the beginning around 17 seconds in!

Pushie Pirate said:
Just watched the vid as well, they are awesome love that sort of drifting around corners
at the beginning around 17 seconds in!
Yep! that is my favorite bit too! I was hooked from there in! :lol:

I have all these ideas popping into my head now of different ones I could build for specialized tricks and another straighter and lighter one to actually learn how to ride them on, but have to get this one built first!

Luke.

LowAndStretched said:
if you are used to windows paint, you might want to download the freeware version paint.net - it's like the old paint but with cooler features similar to paintshop pro.... just having layering capability saves lots of time because you can trace over things, and then delete the background layer you traced over, vs. having to fill and paint over items over and over...
Just did exactly that! Very impressed, I have a long way to go to learn how to do everything, but it does make for some much nicer mock-ups!

10205413604_8251ef5ae0_z.jpg

Much easier to tell from this mock up that I need to extend those top tubes, looks pretty cramped up as is...

Luke.

Sorry for the lack of work on the bike. My wife had the dentists yesterday and then we went on to the local annual show, managed to get an invitation to check out a private bicycle museum, looking forward to that!

Now that is the weekend here, there is another problem: Bathurst! The annual car race that stops the nation... 1000km (620 miles) 141 times up and down Mount Panorama on a road circuit in 650hp V8 sedans, good luck getting me away from the tv... :lol:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back