1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

GT Pro Performer 26

Discussion in 'STRANDIES / 26" BMX CRUISERS' started by crump582, Jun 23, 2017.

1. crump582

crump582

Anybody have one? I'm on the fence. Looking to get one of these or a Big Ripper. I'm 6'1 245... will I be able to cruise comfortably on a 26 inch BMX?

Nothing serious, just cruise with my daughter and maybe pull her in the little trailer for a while.

rrtbike likes this.
  2. BDC

BDC

I don't have one of those - but I do have a couple of big wheel BMXs. I'm 6'5" and have made them quite comfortable. Add a lay back seat post and taller BMX (up to 10") handlebars and job done.

3. rrtbike

rrtbike

Pretty sturdy bike. Feels bigger on it than looks.
    Less money than the Ripper also.

4. RustyGold

RustyGold

I'm 6'2" ~195lbs...was up to 270lbs. I have 20", 24", 26", and 29" bmx bikes. I'm comfy on all the 24"+ bikes... it just takes the right combo of components (seats & posts, stem, bars, etc).

I prefer my 29"ers the best because the scale puts me back to my 13yo self :bigsmile:.

The pro performer is probably a pretty good choice now that they are chromoly.

Jason

Pop.Cycle likes this.
  5. jamesdart

jamesdart

I wanted to buy one off a guy a couple months ago with a broken rear hub. I like the look but haven't ridden one yet.

6. JD Rebel

JD Rebel

I'm not a big guy by any means but have a few LARGE frame size friends who love to ride like they are still kids. One of them bought a big ripper29 and absolutely loves it. Only bike as an adult that he didn't have to mess with to make it fit him, good to go straight out of the box

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk