GMC Denali

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this road bike for cheap. The rear wheel was tacoed and the front was way to out of true.. So my LBS slapped on some used mix matched 700C's for me.. It actually rides pretty decent for an aluminum frame with steel parts.. lol
DSCF2817.jpg

DSCF2818.jpg

huh. It's got gripshift. I considered getting one of those once to use as a winter beater-training bike.

What were they thinking about when they put those shifters on that bike......cost reduction... :wink: Are the handle bars split in the center..? to replace them.

jaydub said:
What were they thinking about when they put those shifters on that bike......cost reduction... :wink: Are the handle bars split in the center..? to replace them.
YEP! the handlebars are.. two pieces.. Hey for 30 bucks it's an easy flip.

its weird to see a road bike with a sidestand... what derailleurs are on it? like Shimano 2200? I don't think you'll be able to train much on those.

2WheelFlyer said:
its weird to see a road bike with a sidestand... what derailleurs are on it? like Shimano 2200? I don't think you'll be able to train much on those.
All I saw was SIS on the rear derailler.. I didnt see any numbers..

I have seen them at k-mart with the brake /shifter combo.....I like that style..(Don't have any myself)...Like all good things they will start to show up in the land fills :wink: Nice light bike..good luck with it..Thanks for clearing up the 2 piece handle bar mystery ...Jay

"FTW" Is all so a "Biker" (Motorcycle) Term ...The F is a 4 letter word......." F_ _ _ k the world" ..Old school bikers usually have it Tattooed across their knuckles..LOL Theese are the guys your mother has warned you about..LOL.. :wink:
I hope this ok to post.... :?:

deorman said:
Never heard the "for the win" version before. :wink:

New to me....Maybe we are wrong..LOL.. :wink:

bikebuilder said:
Can you rotate one side of the bars upside down then? I don't know why I wondered that. I better go back to sleep.
UUHH.. I think it is possible but it would be hard to turn in one direction.. lol

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
split handlebars???
Yes the handlebars are two pieces.. The only way to get the grip shifts off and on..

Latest posts

Back