Gaskill's Hop Shop: "Josephine" Now with new pictures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I got some pictures done of Josephine by a talented photographer, Julia Korn. I've shown images of her before but I believe these really stand to show the great aspects of this machine. Enjoy.

Josephine_Detail5_MG_2029.jpg

Josephine_dramatic1.jpg

Josephine_Tech_side2_MG_2058-1.jpg

Josephine_Tech_Frontal_MG_2027.jpg

Josephine_Detail1_MG_2053.jpg

Josephine_Detail4_MG_2061.jpg

Josephine_Detail3_MG_2067.jpg

Josephine_Detail2_MG_2037.jpg

wig_MG_2192-2.jpg

entirely too cool. love the way you re-purpose bike parts and incorporate them back into the final bike/creation.

it would be interesting to visit the dimension where your bikes are everyday transportation :)

very nicely done. i really like the headlight turned speed-o. how did you do it?

You've really done a great job on the bike! I love to use all types of things when building my bikes and yours is definitely something to make me both envious and jealous. Everything is right out in the open and still looks like it was produced this way by the factory! This is one of my new favorites. 8) The speedo/headlight is a very cool idea. Is it a working piece? The modified rear triangle looks great on the front. The last picture with the rider is awsome! It really gives it a true feeling as to it's uniqueness. At first glance it reminded me of something from Warriors or Clockwork Orange. It's been a long time since I've seen either movie but that's what came to mind.
Thanks for building this beauty and sharing it with us,
Chainy

Thanks guys for the compliments on my ride. Its funny its compared to a warriors/ clockwork orange. I feel that my work lives in a post war era, where hooligans run around looking crazy from an A Bomb nuclear fallout. The Headlight speedometer lights up but thats as far as it goes with working. I used a radio nob inside to make the hand mechanism. In theory it would tilt and level out at the speeds you are going. Maybe one day I can get a real one going.

Its hard to know what you were trying to come up with in your build. In a world of normal builds , you and your bike deffinetly stand out. It is really an out there build , and the photos are fanastic. I love to look at your builds because they are so differant. Well done.

This is a work of a madman!!!!! just too awesome! prolly what da vinci might have created :D
does anything works on the other cranks up there??

Man, this thing is rad.
Would love to see video of it in motion with that extra chain flying around.
That amber headlight is great.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but does that jockey shift lever on the back right do anything? It appears as if it's linked to the rearmost top sprocket, but for what reason, I cannot tell.

Jody.

It's def. linked to it, put just there for looks. I had this old door knob that I had to do something with. sooo..... You are totally right i need to get a video up. right now i'm pretty darn busy, when Christmas break hits maybe i can get a couple videos up of my bikes rolling.

gaskill said:
Thanks guys for the compliments on my ride. Its funny its compared to a warriors/ clockwork orange. I feel that my work lives in a post war era, where hooligans run around looking crazy from an A Bomb nuclear fallout. The Headlight speedometer lights up but thats as far as it goes with working. I used a radio nob inside to make the hand mechanism. In theory it would tilt and level out at the speeds you are going. Maybe one day I can get a real one going.

Beautiful bike! Very Steampunk. I love it.

Well, I got some pictures done of Josephine by a talented photographer, Julia Korn. I've shown images of her before but I believe these really stand to show the great aspects of this machine. Enjoy.

Josephine_Detail5_MG_2029.jpg

Josephine_dramatic1.jpg

Josephine_Tech_side2_MG_2058-1.jpg

Josephine_Tech_Frontal_MG_2027.jpg

Josephine_Detail1_MG_2053.jpg

Josephine_Detail4_MG_2061.jpg

Josephine_Detail3_MG_2067.jpg

Josephine_Detail2_MG_2037.jpg

wig_MG_2192-2.jpg

WOW!!! I don't remember if I ever noticed this old Gaskill build before. Uncovered it in a search tonight. This amazing bike leaves me feeling worthless and inspired at the same time!!!! :praise::rockout::113:

WOW!!! I don't remember if I ever noticed this old Gaskill build before. Uncovered it in a search tonight. This amazing bike leaves me feeling worthless and inspired at the same time!!!! :praise::rockout::113:

Really? Josephine is one of my biggest cut-'n'-hack influences. Well, at least you DID eventually find it.

Latest posts

Back