Freakbike Militia

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
There are a lot of FBM members on this board and I was wondering if yall could give us a brief history of this movement and what it's all about.

Chainsaw and Kenny P seem to be big advocates. :mrgreen:

Id like 2 hear some history to, SINCE IM A MEMBER! WOOT GO FREAKBIKE MILITIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the South Florida Freakbikers go.
The best way would be to check out http://www.bikerodnkustom.com and scroll down to the interview section and click on the guy named "Kenny Prather" :D and it gives the whole story of what the FBM is, and does.

A really quick explanation would be. October of 2003...........
It started as a group of Mtn. Bikers that got into custom bike building when they lost their trails. They meet every third month for a cruise through West Palm Beach and each ride has a theme. Hillbilly, Road Warrior, Hawaiian, CaddyShack, Nerds, Pirates etc.... The amount of riders hovers in the 130-150 range.
Now offshoots of the club are popping up all around the U.S. and Canada.

Someone who wants to start their own FBM just PM's me or sends me an e-mail for the logo and they print up some shirts (and send me one of course! :mrgreen: ) and that's how it starts.

I will add a couple links to this soon to make it easier to get to.

Thanks for askin' Rat Rod!

I just went from dreading our upcoming move to Florida
to counting the minutes like a kid on Christmas eve !!!!
I cant wait !!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Great article Kenny. I was looking at the resturant and bar guide and it looks like the mag is published in Chainy and Buds area of the state, maybe he could hook up with us in Ann Arbor. I also notice in your signature that you are a card carying member. Where might one get one of these cards all I have is stickers and t-shirts :D ...Kelly

I think for most of us it's just about the passion ....
The passion to build unusaul bikes,
The passion to ride the bikes,
and
The passion to make new friends.

I think Kenny or one of the other Freaks once said that all you have to do to be a member is to come out and ride. No dues, no set rules and no secret hand shakes :( . Just get out and have fun with people who have like interests.

Last year, Kenny and his group instilled alot of interest in people all over the world with their bikes and goofy cruises. I know he hooked me pretty easily and Giggles followed right along. YYZMEC and his Canooks planned a ride around Hamilton Beach, Ontario, So after some forum talk, we decided to hit the road to Canada. We hooked up with Michigan native, Budzilla and cruised with the Canadians, who called themselves the FreakBike Militia- Golden Horseshoe Circle or FBM-GHC.

We had a ball that weekend, although the ride home sucked :cry: . But we wouldn't have missed this for the world. So we are actually a spin off of Tony's group, FBM-GHC.

When we got back, Budz, Gigs, Nogoodnic, myself and others carried on lengthy discussions over starting our own chapter and what to call ourselves. We had some cool names as well as some scary ones thought up, but finally settled on Freak Bike Militia- Great Lakes. We did this so we could share dual citizenship with the Lake Ontario guys as well as include guys and gals from the other states bordering on the great lakes.

We held our first ride in Holly Mi. (my hometown) just before Xmas and had a decent turn out. I think it was around 12 crazy people. We also had the Pixie Cage Matches that night.

We recently held our 2nd cruise in Detroit along with checking out Autorama. YYZMEC and Frisbee came over from Canada and spent the day with us, making this a TRUE international cruise! Thanks Guys! :wink:

On April 29th we are planning to have a FBM-GL booth at the AnnArbor/Saline Bike show, as well as a cruise or two that weekend.

So now after all this rambling, I think our version of FBM is just a group of people who get together to enjoy life on two and sometimes three wheels, talk about their bikes and eat carrots. Tony can explain this! :p

At this time, I would like to invite any of you guys and gals to consider yourselves members of our chapter no matter where your from! Just build a rat bike, chopper, cruiser or freak and get out there and ride! 8) Send me some pics of you and your bike, your cruise or anything else Freak Bikeish! I'm putting together a website and hoping to get it going in the next few weeks.

I would like to thak KennyP and Tony for inspiring us mitten men to become the best Freaks we can be!

I would also like to the RatRodBikes as well as ChopperBicycles.net for providing these forums and allowing us to hook up with all the bike nuts around the world!
Chainsaw

Chainsaw said:
I think for most of us it's just about the passion ....
The passion to build unusaul bikes,
The passion to ride the bikes,
and
The passion to make new friends.

Chainsaw
Thats what Im talkin about!
I got a space at Ann Arbor next to you, there goes the freakin neigborhood!

DAM IT! I WANNA GOTO ANN ARBOR! Ima ride my schwinn!!! I better leave like 2 days early though....

Well said Chainy. For me its the comradery and the love of unusual bicycles. As far as I've been able to see I am the kustom bicycle scene for probably a 50 mile radius. I look at the pictures of the big cruises that are held in Fla. or the Amsterdam group and I want to be part of that. I also feel that with more people in a certain area the creativity and workmanship tends to get better. Its one of my goals to generate enough interest in out of the ordinary bikes in my area and to draw others out of the woodwork so that I dont have to drive four hours to take a bike ride. BTW I will continue to drive four hours to hang out with my friends from the other side of the state, I guess freaks are drawn together...Kelly

xddorox said:
That's it, I don't care if the APV dies getting me there, see you in Hamilton Beach this July. The Montreal Chapter shall be present. :mrgreen:
WOOHOO!!!! Ontario maybe inheriting another out of province breakdown....will the Hamilton Beach Cruise claim its second victim?...lol...glad to see you plan on making it Gerry.

Chainsaw hit it on the head! Like passions for the Bicycle and fun.

Thanks for the wonderful words about us Fla. Freaks. Glad to be part of it.

And your right about RRB and CBN, a big Thank You to the guys who give us a place to share our thoughts and ideas!

xddorox said:
That's it, I don't care if the APV dies getting me there, see you in Hamilton Beach this July. The Montreal Chapter shall be present. :mrgreen:

Cool! Will you bring my bike down with ya? Mr. Hannan hasn't returned it to me yet. :mrgreen:

Don't worry about the APV, my Ford Ranger could use the company! Just call Woody's towing and they'll take your vehicle! :cry:

Looking forward to meeting you in July.

Hey Tony, What about doing a colors ride? It would be pretty cool to see everyone in their interprtations of FreakBike gangs!

Latest posts

Back