Forum, Meet Stella

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Found it on craigslist. Everything is original except the tires and front brake pads. It cost a little less than a Walmart Schwinn.

DSC_0631.jpg

Sweet Bike. Amazing these still exist. A blue S seat and blue grips would make that really stand out.

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I am stoked. Yes, It's a big boy bike and I'm having fun riding it. I had a Red Varsity in 1978 and a Brown Continental in 1980. Maybe this makes the hat trick, IDK.

cman, I like my seat but I'll have to say I really wanted an "S" seat. I like your blue grips too.

3de17062.jpg

I'll trade you for my red one with the shorter frame. 8) I think the black seat and grips were original to these. Gary
DSC04088.jpg

B607 said:
I'll trade you for my red one with the shorter frame. 8) I think the black seat and grips were original to these. Gary

Nice bike Gary. I better keep mine. Yea, I figured the black seat and black grips are standard. It's just my first Schwinn in 30 years and I was thinking of S's & glitter. Mick

After searching on ebay and chatting with a forum bro about some oem brake pads, I figured I needed some Schwinn backing plates too. I contacted the craiglist seller to ask about the parts that he took off. He was so kind to send them to me, pads and all, right away. They are pretty hardened but I'm really enjoying looking at them while it's raining out.

ee72894d.jpg

Back