First build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First post, first build. Pretty mild as builds go, but I already have plans for the next one.

IMG_0563.jpg

Frame is powdercoated, but I'd paint it if I had to do over- unless I found a coater who could get a candy color more consistent than this.

Seeing the bikes you guys post on here really make me want to do more stuff!

Cool! Is that a flightliner frame? Dont forget to post an intro and tell us more and where your from!
Welcome :mrgreen:

It's a 1958 Flightliner, but has quite a few Spaceliner parts on it... that saddle is now being recovered in black & white leather, and the white tank is on my dining table, being rewired with 2 18-LED headlights.

Those wheels are hard to come by in Ft. Smith, Arkansas... ordered them from Let It Roll Bike shop in CA.

that bike is a beauty. seriously. nice job. i'd put a lincoln continental hood ornament on it for a head badge.

love the rims.. I had a set and they look killer when rolling.

Yeah, there's 288 spokes on that bike. I was hoping to get the tank wired up this weekend, but taxes and paperwork have been the stars of the moment.

The color is Prismatic Lollipop Red, and is apparently very difficult to shoot (and of course, that's the color I choose). I tested my powder coater with this one, I guess.

Sometime this summer I'll be getting some white pinstriping and lettering on there, I think.

Tank is finally on! Not finished with it, though. Headlights are 42 LED lights of blazing awesomeness. I plan to have some kind of accent on the tank sides... still deciding. I have vector artwork prepped if I want to add the JC Higgins logo, but I don't plan to add the Flightliner logo at all. The aluminum strip on top of the tank above the headlights was not salvageable. Still trying to decided how to handle that...

tank3.jpg

tank5.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank2.jpg

tank1.jpg

Hey, I saw these photos over on the CABE site... cool decals! I am currently designing my own decals and will be getting them cut (or printed, if it works out) soon.

I am still waiting to get my real saddle back from the guy who's recovering it for me... this poor little seat kills me! I'm a big guy, and the seat is like concrete where it counts!

Got the hubcaps on eBay for about 40 bucks a set. I have some for the front axle, but I'm not sure how to fit them on there... the springer mounts get in the way. I had the larger chainring that you have, but I put a smaller Spaceliner one on there... I have the plastic hubcap that goes on my chainring but the finish is gone & I'm looking into ways of making it shiny again.

You should get some LED lights going behind that grill in your tank's headlight opening! Like you need more lights, but still...

Latest posts

Back