First build off Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then I just need to figure out the solid seat post. Not sure if I should spend the money and try myself, or find a fab shop that would do it for a good price.

For the seatpost, hit up Chad (member here) @ Chop Shop Customz on FaceBook (his name on here something like that too).

His work is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the seatpost, hit up Chad (member here) @ Chop Shop Customz on FaceBook (his name on here something like that too).

His work is outstanding.

Here is one from: REV PAUL

85950_c198e2936409ddf0f883930453bf1f77.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the paint color!

I used rustoleum Satin Oasis Blue, with some automotive lacquer as the clear coat. I went kinda cheap on the paint, because I spent way too much on parts.

I thought I had some 57mm wheels that would work, but the back wheel was too wide to fit in the frame. So the wheels were $200 more than I had budgeted to spend. They were fun to build though, so totally worth it.

His work is outstanding.

Thanks for the info. I had seen some old posts so I wasn't sure if he was still doing them.

I sent him an email. The posts that aren't quite 90 degrees look amazing.

Don't be done this week! You got till September! :soapbox:

I know. I have been putting off the build for about a month. I've had all the parts laying around just begging to be put on!

Its been like torture thinking that I could spend a few hours putting it together and ride it!

His work is outstanding.

Here's a 'Chad post' on my klunker build, Desert Sky. He does great work.
53458157_2153304841416851_8471423580876308480_n.jpg

And yes, that post supports my 'clydesdale' like dad bod and I do ride that off-road.

I spent an hour or so this morning cutting down the fork so it fits, and putting a few things on. If I get back in time today I will put in the bottom bracket and crank, if not Ill finish it tomorrow.

HMa3Vwt.jpg
Is that an FJ sitting behind the bike? I've always lusted after those. And it goes great with your blue bike!

Thanks everyone! I really like how the paint turned out. I hope it will be available in a powdercoat color when I have enough money for that, for now a $10 rattle can paint job will have to do.

Thats my f-150 that the bike is leaning against. I love the fj's too. I wish I had one.

The bike is almost done. I am just the little hanger part for attaching the brake lever. I was just going to use a hose clamp, but I think the hanger will look better.

Welcome to your first BO, they are contagious. You can't go wrong with a laidback post from @slowriderz

oWg2MQy.jpg

I got the brake hanger, put it on, and rode a few miles today. The bike works great. I am sold on Worksmans quality. I just wish it was stretched out some. I will do a few more things to it before the build is over. I just wanted to get it ready for the summer to do some riding. Its a lot lighter and quicker than my other bike.

I am 6'2" and about 420, I got my last bike for exercise. Had an accident and broke a few bones, while recovering and looking at how to build stronger wheels and everything I learned about the Worksman frames, and used the site for a lot of how to things while upgrading my other bike.

I am really surprised at how they hold weight, same with the rims I got. I put thick thorn resistant tubes on it also to hold any extra stress my weight added them. My other bike is more comfortable because of the longer top tube and wheelbase, but this bike is pretty awesome as well, and I think it looks better.

I really want to thank everyone for a lot of great inspiration and stoking my desire for bikes again. I used to love playing around with them, and fixing them as a kid and teen. I feel the same way again today.

I am going to look for a longer, possibly lower frame for my next build I think. Something like this. Just not sure how strong it would be.
https://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-parts/bicycle-frames/eagle-cruiser-frame-blue.html

Last edited:
Great to see you getting back into bikes; building and riding! It's all about the consistency, riding as often as you can, daily if possible. That will keep you passionate about bikes and your health.

If you can find an old Gary Fisher Mullet for a mountain style bike, or the Trek Shift which was more of a comfort bike, those were both 'beefed up' frames. Equipped with Sun Rhino wheels, or a custom heavy duty wheel set, I sold a number of these to big guys in past years. Neither on is still in production, but you can find some on ebay and your local Craigslist.

RaT oN - RiDe oN~!

Good looking build. Straight fork and BMX parts make for a nice ride. Watch that quill stem height.

Similar paint:
Check out ford grabber blue, nice bright blue, classic color, very similar. Pretty essy to find.
Ford engine blue is a little darker version and readily available in engine enamel rattle cans.

Back