Firestone Comfy Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the build thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15047
Total cash involved: $6 for a new front brake cable, donor Schwinn Traveler was a freebee, all other parts from my junk collection.
IMG_2241.jpg

IMG_2244.jpg

IMG_2245.jpg

This thing rides surprisingly good, nice and comfy. Should be a fun little bike for my Wednesday night cruises.

I tend to cruise with only one hand on the bars so I always put my brake lever on the right side, Sheldon does make sense though with the arm signals theory.

necessaryevil said:
I tend to cruise with only one hand on the bars so I always put my brake lever on the right side, Sheldon does make sense though with the arm signals theory.

as i also ride motobikes, i like the rear brake on the rite side as i use it most ... fitting the front brake on the left so it feels like i use the clutch as i come to a hault

trailcreep said:
the rear tire looks pretty tight in the frame. Is that a 700c or 27", did you have to deflate it to get it in? Looks good....
I think they are 700's, can't find a size on them. There's about a 1/2" clearance before it hits the brake mount, but it's been working fine so far.

Back