finish one trike, start another...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so here's unfinished business, pretty much finished. i sold it yesterday to a guy who builds custom wheelchairs.

100_0475.jpg

100_0476.jpg

and i started this one today. for those of you arizonans who frequent larry's, you might have seen this frame sitting in his lot. the tank was welded and the headtube raked by a guy named erick, a local bike builder who also works on cars/motorcycles etc. i had the rear-end laying around, so after putting 2 and 2 together, here's the mock up of my latest:

100_0488.jpg

100_0489.jpg

questions/comments welcome...

Dude i wanted to do that to my trike before i got ridda it! I LOVE IT! Run some big old apes man, Cant u cut them side brackets rappin around the tire and move em or make em bigger 2 run a bigger tire?

Love IT!

Well the brackets are uugly.. Lol i love the bike though!!

right on looks good. man where are you finding all those bolt on trike rear ends.

nugenhipsta said:
Upper Class White Trash said:
where are you finding all those bolt on trike rear ends.

i'm a craigslist addict[. garage sales, free stuff, bike ads, i have no shame...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

quote of the month!

it's now my signature,

great bikes

nugenhipsta said:
after inspection, i find you have a valid point. fortunately, my neighbor is a career welder as well as off work today.

nice, did you scout the neighborhood for people like that before you moved in? :p

Tempe-Terror said:
nugenhipsta said:
after inspection, i find you have a valid point. fortunately, my neighbor is a career welder as well as off work today.

nice, did you scout the neighborhood for people like that before you moved in? :p

its kind of funny, we looked out the window one day shortly after moving in, and he was mowing our lawn. we had never even seen this guy before. turns out hes just a nice dude, hes helped us out with all kinds of tasks, im not too good myself with ceiling fans...

here's an update on the project trike, with before and after pics of the welds. its come a long way, it looked like a monkey welded this thing initially...

before-
100_0498.jpg

100_0497.jpg

after-

100_0500.jpg

100_0501.jpg

no bondo involved, just re-welding, grinding and some wire-wheeling. my welder neighbor is a cool guy, and he works for beer.

here's the rear end getting sprayed after prep/primer. the fork/rear end will be gloss black, and the frame will be GM ghost grey. questions/comments welcome.

100_0502.jpg

hey man...i have one of those chopper frames and forks commin my way and i was thinking about turning it into a trike...i was wondering how rideable it was? are those trike kits strong?

Brett

kingpin said:
hey man...i have one of those chopper frames and forks commin my way and i was thinking about turning it into a trike...i was wondering how rideable it was? are those trike kits strong?

Brett

theyre actually not a trike kit you buy from a store. i find old junked trikes locally, and try my best to salvage at least the rear-end. theres a couple diff. kinds of trike rear-ends, but they are all bolt-on to pretty much any frame you put them on. as long as you align them good to the frame, they ride like any other trike.

Back