Felt motorized board track racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok I shopped the handlebars off and made the exhaust pipe black because the new motor is going to come with a black exhaust
r8e4nl.jpg

I cant decide what kind of handlebars to use because its pretty much blacked out, I don't like chrome or any flashy blinged out stuff at all but for the case of the seat and handlebars it might look alright

I'm liking this seat, looks nice and springy, very retro
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bicycle-bike-mo...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

as for the handlebars I'm digging these clubman style ones
2zri6c3.jpg

right now the bike looks like this
2jbqko3.jpg

I've got to paint it because all of the modifications I made to mount the motor and hold gas in the frame, if it isnt too much harder I want to have the frame polished aluminum or a different color like a light olive or bronze

tell me what you would look good, I'm pretty sure the handlebars are 7/8" and I'd prefer some upside down board track bars in black If possible

i could probably point you in the right direction for bars but im not sure what you mean by boardtrack bars.......have you got a picture of what youre looking for?
btw nice bike and i like the fact that you used the 'tank' for an actual tank :mrgreen:

sensor said:
i could probably point you in the right direction for bars but im not sure what you mean by boardtrack bars.......have you got a picture of what youre looking for?
btw nice bike and i like the fact that you used the 'tank' for an actual tank :mrgreen:

as for handlebars I'm basically looking for anything upside down as the board trackers would have, I was asking what you would think looks good on it, also should it have black or chrome bars?

I,ve painted my clubman bars in black.

I used a dremel to scratch the chrome and then painted them with krylon gloss black paint.to help protect the paint i put a coat of crystal wood varnish.. worked good

No suggestions,just questions...

How did you do the tank without the whole frame filling up with gas?

Alright one suggestion.Id go with the Clubman bars too.

MagicRat said:
No suggestions,just questions...

How did you do the tank without the whole frame filling up with gas?

Alright one suggestion.Id go with the Clubman bars too.

well my uncle had to do a project for his wielding class so I let him chop my bike. The tank was cut out according to other motorized bike builds like this at: http://www.motoredbikes.com/

I've seen at least 5 other custom tank builds like mine, theres some guides for building a tank like mine, it basically involves sealing one hole near the neck and near the seat post.

Thanks Sep.Bike looks Way Cool.

Id get arrested within 5 minuits if I had a motorized bike. :oops:

heres some for ideas for handlebars.......
indianglenn.jpg

afterwreck.jpg

excelsiorrider.jpg

excelsior.jpg

the easiest to do is just use standard cruiser(balloon tire) bars just flipped with about 5" bobbed of the ends or half moon bars with around the same bobbed off....
if you want the track bars with the extensions its possible with some mountain bike bars flipped and bobbed and then weld the tabs for the extensions together and then plug weld then both together(im not describing it very well but heres what i mean...)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7355

lookin at all these sweet pics of old boardtrackers makes me wanna build one of my own! :D

Latest posts

Back