fat huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got an old JC Higgins ladies 24" bike at an auction way back and needed a rear wheel for a 3" tire so I stripped the layers of paint off the rim. Durex(?) coaster hub on rear, no name wheel up front. Huffy Good Vibrations frame, stingray fork and bars.
Kenda $4 tire on the front.
100_0142.jpg

100_0135-1.jpg

100_0134.jpg

100_0136.jpg

100_0138.jpg

while building this, the neighbor kid came over to "help". He said he knew where there was a tandem in the woods. We looked but didnt find it. His friend showed up and they went to look for it and found it! Sears rustbucket!!
100_0139.jpg

100_0140-1.jpg

...rear wheel turns but that's about it...cool grips :mrgreen:

The Huffy looks good.

The tandem looks to have straight forks and the sprockets and frame look straight also. I'll bet generic stems and everything will fit right on it.

A perfect candidate.

Nice tough stance. Looks like the tandem needs some new forks. Has anybody ever put some triple trees on a tandem?

ratina said:
Cool huffy, it has a sweet stance.

And that tandem is a heck of a project, and it has that silver thing in the front frame rail that I need for my Coast KIng!
...tell me how to get it out and you can have it :mrgreen:

Love the look of 3" rear tire!

Yet another nice new build! I'm thinkin' that tandem would make a nice burrito. Like to build one myself, maybe I should comb the woods. :lol:

Markm said:
ratina said:
Cool huffy, it has a sweet stance.

And that tandem is a heck of a project, and it has that silver thing in the front frame rail that I need for my Coast KIng!
...tell me how to get it out and you can have it :mrgreen:

Cool thanks! I'll have to unbury mine and take a look at it, I'm not sure how they come out.

1015081605-00.jpg

GT Coma, I wish it was as cool as yours...
Ratina, let me know...I dont want to break it...
Also,I threw a smaller sprocket on the Huffy. Much better!!

Back