Escaped Convict (Done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tonight I straightened the sprocket (it was bent :x ), replaced the chain, added the rest of the barbed wire, and finished the rear fender. I also re-arched and mounted the fender different so it looks marginally better. I also dropped and broke the Rat... :( Still having rear tire clearance issues and need to add the kickstand. It's close... :D Now that it's properly scratched up I may leave it out in the rain this weekend for some proper 'Patina" AS IN RUST!

Love the bike dude! I've heard of guys dumping Coka-cola on they're bare metal 'rod frame and leave 'em out in the weather to rust. Something about the pop makes it rust faster.

I've heard of Coke to remove rust but not to cause it?? I know for a fact spraying it with bleach will rust it quickly. Thanks for the compliments!

Aaron

The bike is essentially done. A couple more very minor ideas and some tweaking. Also looking at 24x1.75 tire options.

The kickstand is done and I couldn't bring myself to paint it. I think it looks cool as is. There are several views of the bike, several views of me riding it, and one of my 8 yo son trying it on for size. To small for me and too big for him. :D

Kick.jpg

R.jpg

RF.jpg

L.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

Turn.jpg

MeRight.jpg

Meleft.jpg

MeStraight.jpg

Hunter.jpg

Two thumbs up!

This thing is off the wall! The attention to detail is outstanding as a theme ride goes and the Rat aspect is very cool. There was a movie with Sly Stallone in it where they built a car in prison and I think it was a Mustang (don't remember for sure) and then the guards destroy it. Anyway it looks like an inmate could ride out the front gate after 20!

Very cool!@

Like it alot... Ur son will grow into it, and someday, when u become an old man, U will shrink to it. :)

SWEET !! that kickstand is perfect, the last shot with the brick wall is fitting as well, now i guess i gotta get rollin on mine again

That thing is Sick! Nice job ACD! You followed your theme awsomely! That kickstand is just the icing on the cake!( Or jailhouse gruel!) LOL!L8 EM

Yes...you my friend are an ar-teest. :wink:

Love that kickstand....that is crazy cool.

Excellent work!!!!

Thanks all for the accolades!! This is my first "real" bike project and I enjoyed it a lot and learned great deal. I "upholstered" a seat, did custom paint work for the first time, fabricated fenders, made junk useful again, and have probably one of the most dangerous (for the rider) bicycles in the build off. I have a couple more things I may do... rusty truss rods comes to mind to match the sissy bar and barbed wire. Inmate Spoke Cards to look like they're behind bars... that one we shall have to see how it comes out. As the bike progressed I reversed direction several times. In the end I made the bike cruder and more rustic than my original intention. I spent alot of time on parts I ended up unhappy with and not using....(fenders). I spent money on parts that ended up not being used....(new seat). I employed an idea and from there the bike told me what it wanted to be. The final photos for the "finished" board will be taken in front of a local jail if I can get permission or better yet the State Supermax the next town over. On pavement the bike is a pretty good ride. On dirt she's geared rather high and is a bit "rattley" so to speak. The name of the bike was "Escaped Convict"... Perhaps "The Slammer" or "The Big House" would have been more appropriate but hey. Thank you Steve for this site and the rest of you for encouraging my new found interest..... Rat Rod Bikes.

Aaron

Latest posts

Back