ELLIS SPEED SHOP SCHWINN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SPEED SHOP BIKE

Agreed man, I never want to smell or taste another lemon as long as i live. From how potent it was that first breath in I thought surely this stuff is going to work ... not so much. :lol:

I'd take a slushy with my son over stripping paint any time!!

I cant help but think of the line from Wizard of Oz where the witch says "I'm melting" when I see all the curled up paint on your frame!

famous-last-words--20110808023122509-000.jpg

too late to sand and the fiber optic cable got cut earlier today so i couldnt finish work stuff (until now) :roll: scribbled around for some possible lettering for a while and went out and started cleaning up my workbench, just using what was laying around to rig up a license plate mount, don't know if it'll make it on the bike or not though, miller generator tail light, reflector hanger and a sturmey shifter chain (couldnt find a bolt small enough :lol: )

0509120010.jpg

Not much to show, just made a deal for a sprocket earlier today. The tire and wheel fits in the frame but the tire rubs on the chain guard, trying to shim it so I don't have to notch the guard out, but I'm waiting until I'm sure about the crank first. Still waiting for a fork to show. Should have it in rider condition and painted by the end of the month though and then I will work on the smaller details.

Since theres not much to post I will just let you guess which 1 of these parts will show up in my next post :lol:

Felt_Ape_Hanger_Cruiser_Handlebar.jpg

electra-comfort-xl-saddle.jpg

C8OZ-7213-B.jpg

nirve_1633_fdr_strweswe_09_m.jpg

You have the prefect frame to start with. Wish I could find some of that paint stripper.

Xcruiser said:
g-ratter said:
IMG_9061.jpg

Love the effect the stripper had. Very Spiderman.
To bad you could not keep it.
I thought he was going for the Silly String look,guess it was stripper LOL.

:idea: :idea: Big light bulb. I wonder if you could use silly string as a mask similar to the way you do lace paint masking? :idea:

kingfish254 said:
:idea: :idea: Big light bulb. I wonder if you could use silly string as a mask similar to the way you do lace paint masking? :idea:

Might make for an interesting paint job, i remember silly string at parties and the greasy stains left behind, don't know if that would help or hurt the look you would be going for and honestly i dont know if they make silly string like they used to either, i think it's still flamable so theres got to be something pretty mean still in that stuff. :lol:

That's even cooler.
Base color
Silly string mask
accent color
set silly sting on fire,
quicky put out,
clean a bit
clear coat.

Fork showed up yesterday ... (now i need a 21.1 stem ...)

IMG_9429.jpg

Paints obtained

IMG_9427.jpg

Mystery part revealed ... it was the seat, black bullhorn bars for the bike too 8)

IMG_9496.jpg

Very nice!!!
I said it a thousand times and I´ll say it again... I badly wish I could get those tires!!!!

Found another box of parts stashed away while looking for a crank, had an old wald crank that was a little different looking and it had a crusty 52t 7hole sprocket on it already. I also wanted to try to gear this thing low but the chainguard seems to dwarf anything smaller than 50+ tooth gear. Just for giggles I sandwiched a 44t gear behind it. It also fits without bashing the crank into the guard with it shimmed out and still clears the tire on the backside sprocket. Need to put a matched bearing set in the thing and make sure theres nothing funky going on but I'm optimistic for now. Also found a stem that fits the fork and doesn't look like it fell off a spacecraft.

IMG_9535.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

Thanks Tinman

Crank will work and I'm happy. It's looking pretty close to what I had in mind other than a couple small tweaks to come, time to slap some paint on it and start on the other stuff :)

IMG_9620.jpg

Latest posts

Back