Electra boardtracker/bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smokeywood
http://s270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/smokeywood/?action=view&current=IMG_1769.jpg[/img]

Here's my '03 Electra that I just stripped down. Gone are the fenders and chainguard. In true bobber fashion, I intended to use the front fender in the rear, but the chain didn't clear.
I flipped the bars for that boardtracker stance. I rode today and it felt lighter.
Now I'm looking for a Brooks-type seat locally.

VicXsaN said:
Woah, that's some bar flipping :p How does it ride like that?

well, I only rode to the grocery store, and first of all I was surprised as how much lighter the bike felt without the fenders and chainguard. I even carried a few extra kilos of groceries on my back in the way back. As for the bars, I really liked the new riding position, more like sitting in the bike than on the bike (I'm under 1.70m). The bars could use a couple of inches trimmed though. Now I have to get used to having the gears on the left side and the bell on the right. I don't know how it would be for long rides, but really long rides are not in my plans anyway...

Here's a close-up of my bell (mods: sorry about the big size files, I'll make'em smaller next)
IMG_1766.jpg

Here's an updated version:

Brooks saddle
Bobbed bars (by 3 inches)
White racing handlebar tape (not a fan of chrome)
Bell in suicide position
Next I may remove the front badge and get a pinstripe. Maybe also get rid of the flames and the "Rat Rod" script and replace it with "Hot Jazz"
Does anyone else use handlebar tape?

BTW, this is why I live here.

IMG_1895.jpg

Back