El Rey de los Llantas....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spanish for " The King of Tires" gotta love Fat Franks. First off sorry I didn't snap pics of the build up or beginning position but I will keep better track as parts go on and come off. Pretty standard junker when I found it, heavy chrome fenders, huge paperboy seat and the forks wouldn't move an inch. Also took off the wheels and Nd hub that came with for a newer wheel set. After that some chopped bars, the franks and time to roll. Enjoy!
DSCN2337.jpg

Front View
DSCN2339.jpg

Seat that is on the way out.
DSCN2338.jpg

From the drivers seat.
DSCN2342.jpg

Found this one on the Cl from a good man named Eric. Seat is gone and have a re-pop hairpin saddle that was purchased at the Blue Star Bike Shop..thanks Jim. ok so more pics to come.

Update time, had to get rid of that fugly seat and get something a little more sweet...so here she is..
DSCN2679.jpg

If you look at this image and the very first image in the orig post, you can see the difference in the amount of rust on the frame, now you can actually see some paint and pinstriping...quite a difference no?
Thanks to Blue star bike shop I nowhave a re-pop hairpin seat. Rides nice and handles my weight nicely.I also chopped my bars down a few centimetes and gave el rey a quick bath.. a before pic of the bars>
DSCN2339.jpg
and then an after shot>
DSCN2681.jpg

After the bath and some scrubbin, some of the orig pin stripes started to appear.
DSCN2680.jpg

Anybody have a monark tank laying around?
BOSKIPPER said:
That bike is ill harmonic!!!! I love the contrast of white to rust. It always works !!!!!!!!

Ill Harmonic....I am so stealing that phrase..thanks
g kustom kuhl said:
that's very nice. great look.
thanks man.
ratrodman39 said:
awesome bike!!!!
thanks I appreciate yall's comments.

benz said:
Update time, had to get rid of that fugly seat and get something a little more sweet...so here she is..

Lots of new Words...".Fugly"...I love it...sum's it right up and to the point.. :wink:

Latest posts

Back