Eco Trekker - formerly a Felt "El Guapo"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I've had this bike built up for a couple of years now and thought some of you might be interested in seeing it. It started out as a Felt "El Guapo". I purchased it mainly for parts for my wife's custom cruiser. The frame sat idle in my garage for a couple years and I didn't know if I would use it or just sell it. I got the inspiration to build it from watching the earlier version (can't remember the name of it) of "Long Way Down" with Ewan McGregor- where they take the all terrain motorcycles on long distance treks around the globe.

I already had quite a few mountain bike parts lying around so I only had to purchase the racks, hard bags, and a few odds and ends. I hard wired my lights that run off a rechargable 6 volt battery, welded a disk tab on the rear of the frame to run disk brakes all around, and wired in an 8 speed Sturmey Archer internal hub. Even though it has no rear suspension, the seat I've got on it (which was also lying around in my shed) has so much suspension in it and flexible leather that it's the most comfortable seat you'll ever ride on! It absorbs almost any road shock it goes over. My wife gave it the name "Eco Trekker" so I went and had a sticker made for it which covers up the "El Guapo" design.

What do you think? - Al

DSC00808.jpg

DSC00809.jpg

DSC00810.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00812.jpg

Looks awesome man, I know exactly what you are talking about with mcgregor, looks just like one of the all terrain motorcycles, nice job and cool idea.

Latest posts

Back