Early Ross mountain bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I found this Ross mountain bike last week for sale at a local antique store. Went back today, and got it.
The gears need to be fiddled with to make them fully functional, and the rear brake leaver is kind of stuck, so no rear brakes. There's a weird fender up front that's bent, so it rubs the front tire a bit, but other than that, it rides great! Theres also some scratches on the frame, and some light rust on the chrome, but there doesn't seem to be any dents besides the right pedal, cracks, or anything that bad.
Anyways, heres some pics. Sorry for the night pictures, Its the best i can do till tomorrow.
429632_2329140647939_1832416619_1442659_1708042812_n.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thanks! Yeah, I really like the bars on this, and i know a couple of people on here do too. :lol:
For now, i think i'm just going to get it fully functional, and running smooth. Not sure what else to do with it.

Rusty- Thanks, It's a 10 speed, with shimano gears.

The rain finally let up, so I took some quick pictures-

Ross.jpg

Ross1.jpg

Ross2.jpg

Ross3.jpg

ross4.jpg

ross5.jpg

ross6.jpg

full Weinmann brakes
ross7.jpg

Shimano EM thumb shifters
ross8.jpg

the middle of the code is unreadable.

Nice old school MTB .

great find.... goign to have to hope the multitudes of antique shops around here get more than furniture and overpriced junk in ;)

Latest posts

Back