DXnard - Class 2

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
....and love the school bus drawing Dave! I don't know if you knew or not, but I drive school bus here in our district.

Your concept and style gets all my lights flashing! :grin:

Reactions: gowjobs
Nov 24, 2009
Ventura, CA
gowjobs68.tumblr.com
....and love the school bus drawing Dave! I don't know if you knew or not, but I drive school bus here in our district.

Your concept and style gets all my lights flashing! :grin:
Thanks! I have a couple of friends who drive school buses, and I thought a derelict, converted into a school itself, seemed like an interesting take on the subject.

Nov 24, 2009
Ventura, CA
gowjobs68.tumblr.com
The fork looks industrial...the chainring looks industrial...how about replacing the whole brake arm with something more industrial to carry the theme to the rear, like a turnbuckle or threaded rod with heim joints or something?

Jason
Mostly because it's a 1937 Morrow hub, and I've been wanting one for years, so i can't see ditching the brake arm with that logo on it. That being said, I may be able to come up with something to secure it that looks a little more like it came out of a machine shop or foundry.

Nov 24, 2009
Ventura, CA
gowjobs68.tumblr.com
I know this is usually the opposite direction of where I'd be going but... isn't there a reason for the Whizzer brake arm? So why do that here? Almost looks like a Rube Goldberg design.

Carl.
From the design, I infer that the Whizzer brake linkage was designed to keep the hub's arm from possibly bending the chainstay under repeated, panic braking. I can see the same reasoning behind using it in a hilly area, like the one in which I live.