Diamondback Rat-Musclebike (updated 2-8)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the bike I first built when I was 11.It had a Uni racing seat,Mongoose stem and handlebars,Suzi -Sealed hubs and Z-rims.Since I grew up the racing seat is not compatible with an adults anatomy! So this is what my old racing bike has become-
(also everyone has been talking about a suicide brake so I went with one!)
Emsbikes044.jpg

Emsbikes043.jpg

Emsbikes041.jpg

Emsbikes038.jpg

L8 EM

Re: Diamondback Rat-Musclebike

Nice Rabbit's foot.
how hard is it to actually use that brake?
How is the comfort? It looks like it would be an easy cruise.
Overall, I like it a lot. I give it a 8.9 out of 10

GTCOMA said:
Nice Rabbit's foot.
how hard is it to actually use that brake?
How is the comfort? It looks like it would be an easy cruise.
Overall, I like it a lot. I give it a 8.9 out of 10
Very comfertable...brake very strange!Only use it to get the paper in the morning so thankfully theres no cars on the road!(5:30am) L8 EM

I'm 5'9" 160lbs. If I lean back to far she'll jump out from under me! :lol: L8 EM

I would love to see that bike restored back to a BMX, Sorry but I'm a huge fan of Early DB's. Thankfully I dont see any mods to the frame.

Yeah she looks good, but ......................................

MAN, that frame is worth BIG BUCKS!!!!!!!!! A looptail DIAMONDBACK is not something that you find everyday. I agree with jetro, it should be a bmx bike.

come to nebraska, thats trash for us redknecks, not uncommon to see early BMX still in use. Us bike people here only care about banana seat bikes and heavyweights. Im sure the Bmxs' day is soon to come though.

I do remember that my uncle has two BMX bikes that were his sons (one who is currently dead). I dont remember the name of the bike, but I do remember the name had something to do with a snake. Te bikes are trick bikes, some pro used to use that exact same model of bike and my uncle said he paid like $500 for them in the 80's!!!!

You need a bent springer and tiny front sprocket for that bad boy! A low rider Diamond Back would be soooooooooo cool. :mrgreen:

Jetro said:
I would love to see that bike restored back to a BMX, Sorry but I'm a huge fan of Early DB's. Thankfully I dont see any mods to the frame.

Yeah she looks good, but ......................................
It was a racer for the first 22yrs I've had it.I ride it to the mailbox every morning so I like the comfort.Don't worry though-I'll never mod the frame!Just like the look,kinda gives it the 60's feel!
armandgil said:
You need a bent springer and tiny front sprocket for that bad boy! A low rider Diamond Back would be soooooooooo cool. :mrgreen:
Was gonna do that but threw it on my"Brat kill'n Rat".
L8 EM

Since I seemed to offend the first time,just figured I'd bump her up to hear what the new folks think.....................
bicycle.gif

L8 EM

TheDuke said:
I'm 5'9" 160lbs. If I lean back to far she'll jump out from under me! :lol: L8 EM
Hah...Im sorry to go off subject here but

I built a bike not too long ago with about a 4 foot fork and a regular 26" huffy Ladies frame(cruiser)
I put a banana seat and apes on it for looks and my neighbor decided to ride it, He gets about a foot out of the driveway and i hear AHH and then metal crashing. I go to see what happend and i see my neighbor laughing his butt off with a bike standing up on top of him (the fork was in the air about 5 feet, like you would have the bike upside down for repairs) He didnt like that bike much.

ANYWAYS, love the bike, i think its cool you could have your old bike and still ride it. I wanna give a brake like that a try

I wanna give a brake like that a try[/quote said:
Don't tell your parent's you got the idea from me!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

ps.-this brake could seriously cause you to become a real flying dingo! :lol:

TheDuke said:
I wanna give a brake like that a try[/quote said:
Don't tell your parent's you got the idea from me!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
L8 EM

ps.-this brake could seriously cause you to become a real flying dingo! :lol:

Hah...A Flying machine

what a grand idea

besides my parents have seen me with stupider ideas...which could lead me to more stories

speaking of dump ideas
i had a mongoose identical to the one in the build off and i decided it needed a suicide brake
so i took the handle bars that i got off the bike and mouted it just in front of the seat
now you gotta realize
the handle bars are like 3 feet long and it came up to about my chin
now
it looked AWESOME and it would have worked if i ran the cable different
BUT
my parnets saw it and off it went
i liked it but they said at the risk of me biffing it and it empailing my chest or it going right through me
that it had to go

o yea
hhahaah sorry to get off subject :D :D

Looks good! But at my size it would be a UNICYCLE! 8)

Back