1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Diamond Frame Flying Merkel DONE!

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by Strings_and_steam, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Skipton

Skipton Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!

Re: Diamond Frame Flying Merkel 4/22 Almost there & a centerfold

the seat is prefect! 8)

2. Strings_and_steam

Strings_and_steam

Re: Diamond Frame Flying Merkel 4/22 Almost there & a centerfold

Im workin on it, photobucket is giving me problems trying to get the pics hosted but I'll get them on here as soon as I can.

I realized that when I was looking at the pic again too, so much so that I checked the alignment out to be sure. It is centered and rolls true, but my rear fender is kind of crooked. When I bobbed it, I had to remove the rear support braces which helped keep it center. Consequently, it can shift side to side ever so slightly, and when looking at it from behind it's pretty obvious if its out of line. So the wheel is dead straight within the frame, but the fender is crooked in the pic :oops:

3. Strings_and_steam

Strings_and_steam

4. pie

pie

Awesome! BravoBravo!!

Love the design, paint and clean lines.

OK...can I make one too? :mrgreen:

5. Strings_and_steam

Strings_and_steam

Thanks Pie! Haha you're more than welcome to make one, go for it! I've by no means got any sort of rights to this style, and am not the first person to try this. In hindsight I almost wish I had waited for the buildoff, but my summer's probably going to be crazy and I don't know if I'd even have the time to do it. If I do have the time, Ive got a few more ideas for diamond frame boardtrack tributes... :wink: :D I'm excited to see so many diamond frames in the build off this year already!

6. Dogbreath

Dogbreath

7. stocksucks

stocksucks

Awsome.
    you've got lots of tallent.
    Any future projects?

8. hyperJDM

hyperJDM

Im digging that orange with white tires and matching rims. very cool.

9. Dogbreath

Dogbreath

10. Strings_and_steam

Strings_and_steam

Dogbreath, what a beauty! I'm loving what you've done there, and the drum brakes are phenominal! I would have loved to have the budget to run that set up on the Merkel. The orange brake pads I have are working quite well however, no scuffing on the rims just some slight wear down to grey primer streaks so far.

Thank you sir! Future projects? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll... I don't think they will be any time too soon, but I'd like to make a small 'fleet' of diamond-frame boardtracker replicas, especially based on a Excelsior, Indian, Cyclone, and Maybe a Yale or something similar. My inspirations (none of these/these pics are mine, by the way):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm also in the RRBO6 with my 'Hotrod Hobbyhorse', although the build has been stalled for the past month due to re-location and lack of workspace. Hoping to be 'rolling' on that again soon!

11. stocksucks

stocksucks

OK man. Get to it!
    I love that excelsior project. Do you know the whole story? It's awsome. I think it's on flashback fabrications ldt.com
    Keep it up