Devil's Darling

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This will be my 1st build off. This is what i got to start with, these here parts and half an idea that has no end yet.
001_zps5f6a1e01.jpg~c200

Welcome to RRB and the Build Off.
Not sure why, but your pic is small. Look sweet though. Another cool prewar!

Cool another Snyder Fastback frame, I dont know if we have met yet but
I live just up the hill from you in Lewiston and get to Redding a couple times
a month for groceries and supplies. These types of bikes aren't all the craze in
this area most are into BMX, Mountain or high end Roadies so its great to see
someone else around here into them ! I'll be tuned in to your build !
Mark

with Flilckr you have to choose the size photo you want posted before you copy and paste the code. Is Photobucket the same?

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the jungle!! Good starting point. Let it flow and GTB!! Peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well.. I got a shelby shockease that i wanted to use for this build but would not fit my frame. So this is change #1 and a scramble to finish on time.

068_zps7031a51a.jpg~c200

The first blury pic shows my rims painted, a cream color. Sorry it was so bad.
The second shows paint removed from the frame and fork. The stem was heavly pitted so i hit it with 80 grit on my die grinder then smoothed her out with agressive 3M pad on die grinder. Need to weld on the frame then hoping to shoot paint on sunday. I am tryn to get her done on time but with work n kids &......etc...life. I am pushing it. I really have to thank my wife Jackie for helping me with the time needed, being supportave, and helping sand blast some parts.
070_zps1aaab5fb.jpg~c200
001_zps0025e3fa.jpg~c200

Dang! I wish I could get my wife to help sandblast stuff. I get the time needed (somewhat), she is supportive, but no sandblasting! You are a luck man.

Here's a repair to the frame i did today, hoping to shoot paint tommorrow. I wanted to also document the wife doing some blasting for the bike & show off the truing stand i will use to build up the wheels. I think the truing stand is early 1900's but not sure. My wife bought it for me for Xmas but had to build the actual adjusting arms and used a bar table base for a platform.......

002_zps374403c9.jpg~c200
004_zps8ac54c27.jpg~c200
005_zps3e92def7.jpg~c200

Maybe your wife should enter the build off and give you a run for your money.:grin:..Good luck on your build...

Latest posts

Back