CWC Roadmaster, Done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after pulling a few late nights powered by Hank III in the garage during my break, I've finally finished the bike. When I got home I realized the frame was bent and the pressed in drop outs had pulled out, so after some tweaking and welding I got the frame straight, then I made the headlight mount off the bars, then after tons of tinkering and swearing this is it. I've learned that pulling wiring through the frame is a pain, but worth it, and don't buy your switches from Radioshack. I got the entire bike all wired up, then the garbage push button switch broke, so I had to take it all apart and re do it with a nicer toggle. The headlight is some European bike light I had laying around, and the tailight is a turn signal off a '40's Ford pickup, and the battery box is a vintage Edison Mazda headlight bulb tin. I also ditched the New Departure rear hub I started with after I accidentally stripped the axle while tightening it in favor of a similar vintage Bendix that I had laying around home. For the rest of the new parts, the grips are vintage Schwinn, and so is the seat until I can find something better.

I'm really happy with how it turned out.

P1020965.jpg

P1020968.jpg

P1020967.jpg

P1020966.jpg

Very cool bike. I like it a lot. Gives me some ideas. Don't change anything. How could it get better?

Thanks!

I shortened the bars a bit already, but I think your right, they could be narrowed a bit more. And the only things I paid for on this bike were the tires and the fork, everything else was scrounged or laying around!

Back