Cranbrook no holds barred

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geebear77

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought 3 Cranbrooks because they are on sale right now. 1 for my Wife, 1 for her Aunt, and 1 for me. I may need to go get another. addicted? maybe.

My first thought was to see what I could do without cutting or adding any parts. I immediately pulled the decals, flipped the bars, and played around with dropping the seat hardware. I call it the Cranbrook Cutless.

photo.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Not very exciting yet. Now Im gonna start cutting. Stay tuned for the Cranbrook Cutter.

Lookin good, they are good cheap fun, and they actually have a really good strong built set of wheels on them, I have 2, one is currently a super sweet bmx styled build complete with a sealed Redline 3 piece crankset, it was a good vibrations frame (same as a Cranbrook) and the wheel set came off of my blue Cranbrook, this is probably my favorite bike to ride,...
Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Re: Cranbrook no holds barred update1

So I broke out the dremel and released the seat clamp from its spot welded perch.

photo-2.jpg

I cut down the seat tube, but I left a little tongue to possibly screw the seat to.

photo-3.jpg

I drilled the seat cross bar and screwed it to where the fender was.

photo-4.jpg

Now the seat lays on the frame in front, but still has some spring in back. I used a tube clamp to secure the front of the seat to the frame using small bolts. The back rubs the tire when I hit a bump, but I have plans for that.

photo-5.jpg

I plan to take this build from mild to wild. Just wait till I christen my HF welder on it! the Cranbrook Cutter is alive!

whadaya think so far? I think that high riser stem has to go.

Carbon said:
Lookin good, they are good cheap fun, and they actually have a really good strong built set of wheels on them, I have 2, one is currently a super sweet bmx styled build complete with a sealed Redline 3 piece crankset, it was a good vibrations frame (same as a Cranbrook) and the wheel set came off of my blue Cranbrook, this is probably my favorite bike to ride,...
Picture001.jpg

That looks perfect!

Re: Cranbrook N.H.B. 11-2-11 update

So, I replaced the sagging seat brace with square tube to keep my rear off the tire.

bike4.jpg

Home Depot corner braces made great dropout extensions. I plan to hide them with taillights or number plates.

bike5.jpg

Here's how she sits now. Chain rubbing was fixed with some washers inside the dropouts.

bike6.jpg

Sweet stretch man! Thanks for the photos of the seat tube work, I've been wondering what to do with mine.
I see these Cranbrooks on this forum but haven't figured out where you guys get them, is it K-mart? I don't think I saw them at Wal-Mart.

It's like instant boardtrack stance. Awesome 8)

Thanks, Jackdaw. I got 2 at Walmart and 1 at Walmart.com with free delivery. I'm gonna to stretch the fork next.

Re: Cranbrook N.H.B 2-25-12 update

Sorry, Its been a while due to having Son #2 and a house renovation that just won't quit. (Ok, get off the pity train)

Here is my first try at a leaf spring fork. The pivot is 1/4 by 1.5in steel bar sandwiched between skate bearings. I drilled the holes with a step bit to make a recess to secure the bearings(pics soon). I plan to shape and drill the bar stock later. I will have a fiberglass leaf spring on top instead of the usual steel.

photo-10.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-8.jpg

Not sure if I can go low or if I have to go high. Oh well, Boardtrack or Gasser, right?

photo-7.jpg

photo-6.jpg

This phase involves some fabrication, but no welding yet. So, "Fabrook" or "Cranbrication"?

Thanks for looking. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back