Cranbrook no holds barred

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by Geebear77, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Geebear77

Geebear77

0   0   0

I bought 3 Cranbrooks because they are on sale right now. 1 for my Wife, 1 for her Aunt, and 1 for me. I may need to go get another. addicted? maybe.

My first thought was to see what I could do without cutting or adding any parts. I immediately pulled the decals, flipped the bars, and played around with dropping the seat hardware. I call it the Cranbrook Cutless.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not very exciting yet. Now Im gonna start cutting. Stay tuned for the Cranbrook Cutter.
  2. Carbon

Carbon

0   0   0

Lookin good, they are good cheap fun, and they actually have a really good strong built set of wheels on them, I have 2, one is currently a super sweet bmx styled build complete with a sealed Redline 3 piece crankset, it was a good vibrations frame (same as a Cranbrook) and the wheel set came off of my blue Cranbrook, this is probably my favorite bike to ride,...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  3. Geebear77

Geebear77

0   0   0

Re: Cranbrook no holds barred update1

So I broke out the dremel and released the seat clamp from its spot welded perch.

[​IMG]

I cut down the seat tube, but I left a little tongue to possibly screw the seat to.

[​IMG]

I drilled the seat cross bar and screwed it to where the fender was.

[​IMG]

Now the seat lays on the frame in front, but still has some spring in back. I used a tube clamp to secure the front of the seat to the frame using small bolts. The back rubs the tire when I hit a bump, but I have plans for that.

[​IMG]

I plan to take this build from mild to wild. Just wait till I christen my HF welder on it! the Cranbrook Cutter is alive!

whadaya think so far? I think that high riser stem has to go.
  4. yoothgeye

yoothgeye I <3 Single Speeds Moderator

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

That looks perfect!
  5. Geebear77

Geebear77

0   0   0

Re: Cranbrook N.H.B. 11-2-11 update

So, I replaced the sagging seat brace with square tube to keep my rear off the tire.

[​IMG]

Home Depot corner braces made great dropout extensions. I plan to hide them with taillights or number plates.

[​IMG]

Here's how she sits now. Chain rubbing was fixed with some washers inside the dropouts.

[​IMG]
  6. jackdaw

jackdaw

0   0   0

Sweet stretch man! Thanks for the photos of the seat tube work, I've been wondering what to do with mine.
    I see these Cranbrooks on this forum but haven't figured out where you guys get them, is it K-mart? I don't think I saw them at Wal-Mart.

It's like instant boardtrack stance. Awesome 8)
  7. Geebear77

Geebear77

0   0   0

Thanks, Jackdaw. I got 2 at Walmart and 1 at Walmart.com with free delivery. I'm gonna to stretch the fork next.
  8. Geebear77

Geebear77

0   0   0

Re: Cranbrook N.H.B 2-25-12 update

Sorry, Its been a while due to having Son #2 and a house renovation that just won't quit. (Ok, get off the pity train)

Here is my first try at a leaf spring fork. The pivot is 1/4 by 1.5in steel bar sandwiched between skate bearings. I drilled the holes with a step bit to make a recess to secure the bearings(pics soon). I plan to shape and drill the bar stock later. I will have a fiberglass leaf spring on top instead of the usual steel.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure if I can go low or if I have to go high. Oh well, Boardtrack or Gasser, right?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This phase involves some fabrication, but no welding yet. So, "Fabrook" or "Cranbrication"?

Thanks for looking. Any ideas?