columbia,monark,Rollscanhardly???

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Xcruiser, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Xcruiser

Xcruiser

0   0   0

Oh where to start??
    Been trying to figure this out for hours.Has the same stripe package I found on 1948 columbias BUT has no weld on kickstand mount and has rear face dropouts with no screws unlike a 1948.Wrong frame style for 47 and ealier columbias.Thought it might be a monark-who knows.
    Any help will prevent me from balding any further,thanks!SN# M123972 fits 1948 -transition bike?????????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    serial no. M123972
    [​IMG]
    1948 with the stripes
    [​IMG]
    catalog from 48.once again the stripes
    [​IMG]

2. KJV

KJV

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

i have a frame like that;
    x-cept, someone replaced the
    drop outs with front loaders.

3. mos6502

mos6502

0   0   0

It's very definitely a Westfield product. The only odd thing so far as I can see is the drop outs. It may not be a Columbia but it surely came out of the same factory as them.

4. Xcruiser

Xcruiser

0   0   0

to add to my confusion is this 1950 columbia with back facing dropouts and no adjusting screws just like mine.The confusion comes from catalogs and other bikes from the late 40's up having forward facing dropouts.
    Anyone know the deal here?
    [​IMG]

5. mos6502

mos6502

0   0   0

Both of those frames lack a built in kickstand, so they were "low end" models. Columbia may have considered the forward facing drop-out a special feature as they did with the built in kickstand.

6. Xcruiser

Xcruiser

0   0   0

That would make sense,thanks!

7. Rustinkerer

Rustinkerer

0   0   0

Yeah, he's on to something there! I have this same frame, it has the "half" chainguard, doesn't encircle the chainring like the deluxe one. This is actually the first time I've seen those frame darts on Columbia badged bikes! (They remind me of post hole diggers LOL) It isn't clear what bdge mine had, and also, there's no sign of a number on the BB! I think the factory spot welds on the dropouts aren't that good, one of mine is missing, looks like it just fell out! -Adam

8. cman

cman Moderator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0