Columbia klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest and final version of my clunker build which started about 2 years ago. I finally got a set of wheels with a nexus hub in the rear and switched out the large maxxis tires with a set of Kenda small block 8's that still have some grip but roll much nicer. I also put the tank back on, which I know is a klunker no-no but it looked so cool with it on I had to. I have been thinking about selling it so I thought I better post it one last time. :mrgreen:
DSC03011.jpg

DSC03010.jpg

I have been on holidays for a couple of weeks and got everything I needed to do done in a couple of days. So I started messing around with my bikes and started with the Columbia. I realized I didn't have an actual cruiser left after turning everything into klunkers so the Columbia got de-klunked and the Kona is now my super-klunker! I'll post pics. of that later but for now...the Columbia cruiser.

DSC03435.jpg

DSC03437.jpg

DSC03436.jpg

Not quite done yet, gonna get new tires for the S-7's and change over the crank and sprocket to more of a vintage look but you guys get the idea.

I think that a period stem, crank assembly, and a period leather Troxel would add a lot.

Sweet looking bike!

cman said:
Looks good especially with the Kona P2 fork. Reminds me of the Columbia I put a P2 fork on.

0702071935a2.jpg
Looks good,especially with correct sprocket. reminds ME of the first go-round of my frame used in the build off, except no black crank, Carlyle tires (closer fit in later skinnier frame)and Schwinn store chrome add-on fork (welded on front dropouts instead of tips)

armandgil said:
The latest and final version of my clunker build which started about 2 years ago. I finally got a set of wheels with a nexus hub in the rear and switched out the large maxxis tires with a set of Kenda small block 8's that still have some grip but roll much nicer. I also put the tank back on, which I know is a klunker no-no but it looked so cool with it on I had to. I have been thinking about selling it so I thought I better post it one last time. :mrgreen:
DSC03011.jpg

DSC03010.jpg

Hi,
If you have that old handlebar laying around I'll buy it from you. Let me know.
Thanks,
e r n

Latest posts

Back