Clueless in Buffalo NY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I am new to the bicycle thing but long in the tooth in restoration. I have restored a couple of cars and an airplane. However, while rooting around in my late grandparents barn I found my mothers first bike. This 1953 Huffy Dial-Your-Ride. It's not in the shape it once was, nor the shape it will soon be! I would like to restore it to new shape and give it to her for her birthday at the end of July. That's where you all come in. I need information like where to get a new headlight and what type of paint to use.

1338135995.jpg

1338135920.jpg

I'd give clean and preserve a shot first, it's only original once. If that doesn't work for you, original is most likely baked enamel, exact composition probably no longer legal. :mrgreen: As for the light check out the "swap meet" elsewhere on this forum. viewforum.php?f=33

welcome to the fourum as for the restoration I would go with powder coating the frame an the light should be the easy part matching the origanl color may be the hard part start a build thread an let us see how it goes

Latest posts

Back