1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Clueless in Buffalo NY

Discussion in 'INTROS' started by Bradschumacher, May 27, 2012.

1. Bradschumacher

Bradschumacher

Hello all,

I am new to the bicycle thing but long in the tooth in restoration. I have restored a couple of cars and an airplane. However, while rooting around in my late grandparents barn I found my mothers first bike. This 1953 Huffy Dial-Your-Ride. It's not in the shape it once was, nor the shape it will soon be! I would like to restore it to new shape and give it to her for her birthday at the end of July. That's where you all come in. I need information like where to get a new headlight and what type of paint to use.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. deorman

deorman

I'd give clean and preserve a shot first, it's only original once. If that doesn't work for you, original is most likely baked enamel, exact composition probably no longer legal. :mrgreen: As for the light check out the "swap meet" elsewhere on this forum. viewforum.php?f=33

3. big kountry

big kountry

welcome to the fourum as for the restoration I would go with powder coating the frame an the light should be the easy part matching the origanl color may be the hard part start a build thread an let us see how it goes