Cheap Paint Remover

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gang, I just returned from WallyWorld with a gallon can of Klean-Strip for a mere two clams (my can was dented). Is this a nationwide clearance sale? I can't say for sure, but in my location it seems to be.

Screenshot (1).png

Should we all go pre- dent some cans and stop back in a few days ? :21:
Thats a good price, see how it does. A lot of stripper is meant for furniture varnish.
That looks like good stuff, see if it has methylene chloride in it.

IIRC there was a news story last year about several retailers that were going to stop carrying paint removers containing methylene chloride due to people dying from improper ventilation. Maybe they're just trying to get rid of leftover stock.

Sorry, its kinda weird to like that, but thats the chemical that makes it work. If it doesnt have a skull and crossbones on it, it wont cut into the paint. I still cant find anything that reliably eats into factory schwinn paint, tough stuff.

Methylene chloride is nasty stuff in an enclosed space. My parents bought a house years ago that had a big garage/shop attached. The previous owners did furniture stripping in the shop and it took years for that smell to dissipate. :eek:

Latest posts

Back