Campground Cruiser **FINISHED**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum [emoji106]
Great them and got to have a fun and practical bike at the camp ground that can handel some off road trials
That tanks looks like it will be awesome . My last build was a camping klunker .
a1aed16748ac83508b45ba9aabd0aa4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The weather gauges have so many cool possibilities! They could be set up like a speedo on the bars, on the tank sides like you showed, on top of the tank like a Harley...
I think you could mount them in chrome bike (or motorcycle) headlight housings turned around facing the rider.

The weather gauges have so many cool possibilities! They could be set up like a speedo on the bars, on the tank sides like you showed, on top of the tank like a Harley...
I think you could mount them in chrome bike (or motorcycle) headlight housings turned around facing the rider.
Yes, I know many possibilities. I am still thinking on it. I appreciate the input and any others provide. Thanks

Just to toss out the camping bike ideas that come to my damaged mind...

Big basket to carry firewood, and flamethrower exhaust pipes, possibly propane fueled, to light said firewood.

Just to toss out the camping bike ideas that come to my damaged mind...

Big basket to carry firewood, and flamethrower exhaust pipes, possibly propane fueled, to light said firewood.
Baskets and/or cargo carriers for sure mostly for cold beverages [emoji482]
Call me lazy, but hauling fire wood on a bike doesn't sound fun.
Flame thrower tail pipes, cool idea but in the dry Arizona desert not a good idea. I think the game and fish would frown on that one.

I like it, I like the barometer in a bullet headlight flipped around idea too...

Carl.

Baskets and/or cargo carriers for sure mostly for cold beverages [emoji482]
Call me lazy, but hauling fire wood on a bike doesn't sound fun.
Flame thrower tail pipes, cool idea but in the dry Arizona desert not a good idea. I think the game and fish would frown on that one.
Since you are in AZ, maybe an old fashioned backpack firepump to quench the heat?
Where is this camping shot, up near Payson / White Mts area? We are in Mesa Jan - Mar. Uncle lives on the Mogollon Rim in Happy Jack area. Since G is sharing his build, here's mine from the ORBO (Off Road Build Off) this winter....Mesa Buggie....

IMG_20160203_150310.jpg

Since you are in AZ, maybe an old fashioned backpack firepump to quench the heat?
Where is this camping shot, up near Payson / White Mts area? We are in Mesa Jan - Mar. Uncle lives on the Mogollon Rim in Happy Jack area. Since G is sharing his build, here's mine from the ORBO (Off Road Build Off) this winter....Mesa Buggie....

View attachment 24154
The photo is from Flagstaff, Arizona up at the county fairgrounds. I was at the bluegrass music festival called picking in the Pines. Fantastic venue with 3 days of camping and music. That trip helped me decide on the build, campground cruiser. I ended up slipping and sliding on the cruiser tires and the last day of the festival ended up with a flat.

The photo is from Flagstaff, Arizona up at the county fairgrounds. I was at the bluegrass music festival called picking in the Pines. Fantastic venue with 3 days of camping and music. That trip helped me decide on the build, campground cruiser. I ended up slipping and sliding on the cruiser tires and the last day of the festival ended up with a flat.

Was that a 'Lester flat'...?! *insert bluegrass joke here*...That festival sounds cool! Bluegrass, AZ mountains, camping, and cruising....does it get any better than that?

Was that a 'Lester flat'...?! *insert bluegrass joke here*...That festival sounds cool! Bluegrass, AZ mountains, camping, and cruising....does it get any better than that?
Maybe it should be a Earl Scruggs banjo bomber ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6844d2910e7f3fda5c65e9020dc86f21.jpg

Begged this piece off a friend today. I'm going to try and incorporate this into the build because who doesn't need to know the weather conditions when you're in the campground.
OMG. I have been looking at vintage weather stations. I have been trying to incorporate a small set down my tank. I cant wait to see how you do this

An idea I had for mounting them down the middle of my tank was a piece of thick leather in a long narrow shape. Have holes cut for the faces of the gages to come through and use button snaps to attach it to the tank. Problem is the tank had no flat surfaces so the leather would cover the gaps. Im very intriged with this idea but havent been able to find the right look of gauges to use. I was trying to come up with a way to make it sort of like a dashboard like some motorcycles have on their tanks

The bullet headlight backwards idea is also very cool

Whichever way you decide, i hope you get them on there

Latest posts

Back