"C" from a "T"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"C" from a "T" Or Chopper from a Tandem. Made from a 20 inch Hawthorne tandem frame from "Yeshoney". 25 inch apes, with 2.5 in cut off each end. Banana seat and sissy bar from a Sears spyder 500. 24 inch fork from a (?) MTB. Running gear from a West Coast Chopper (that I couldn't give away). Color is black, grey and brown primers, wet sanded through in places, then a satin clear coat. I used a chain tensioner (came with frame). NORMALLY wouldn't use on a coaster brake wheel, just takes up the "little" bit of slack in chain, due to the wheel being positioned, sorta "between" links. Putting a 3 inch tire between those rear stays, there was only ONE position it would fit. Chain lays flat during braking, just barely touching the cog.........You MUST be at least 5 feet 11 3/4 inches tall to ride this. :lol:...Had to move the seat up to fit me! I had no idea I was making a bike to fit "Danimal" or "Thatismytruck". :roll: .....Not very fast, but extremely comfortable.

004-5.jpg

So you know how big it is...or isn't.
008-4.jpg

002-18.jpg

006-4.jpg

L@@KING G@@D! I see you put thechain tensioner wheel thingy back on. :D You need ot put a pic up of you sitting on it! Then it will really give everyone a perspective of how big (small ) it is OR you are, LOL

Joe

yeshoney said:
L@@KING G@@D! I see you put thechain tensioner wheel thingy back on. :D You need ot put a pic up of you sitting on it! Then it will really give everyone a perspective of how big (small ) it is OR you are, LOL

Joe
It looks a lot bigger in the kitchen! :lol: .........Really!........My feet barely reach the pedals.

009-3.jpg
010-1-1.jpg

Graylock said:
Nice!!!! Did you change the fork rake or any thing like that? I wonder if I can take two bikes and pull it off as smooth as yours looks.
Must be your main ride now!

GL

Head tube had been raked slightly before I got the frame.........Main ride? You'd fall on the floor laughing if you saw may "main" ride. It's a roadside pickup. A MTB from the mid eighties that makes WalMart bikes look HIGH end.

heyyy! ill fit! im seriously 5' 11 3/4". last time i went to the doctors. :lol:

Back