Big long Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today I was poking around at some stuff because I was bored then I decided I need a utility bike but also a nice custom. Why not combined both?! Looks like crap now but I think i'll get it going nice I have a 7 speed hub with some random rim laced onto it but the hug aint working well so other option is to lace an archer hub into a a rim, or I could but one but that would be to much work lol so heres pics of it so far, i'm trying to find a seat to suit it's look. and of course those naughty supercycle stickers must go, i'd paint it but the paint job is like new lol

100_1690.jpg

100_1691.jpg

A good builder has the right tools a hammer and vise grips only need the torches and youd be a great builder. Show some shots of that old raliegh looks like it cleaned up well.

I didn't clean the Raleigh much, just rims and adjusted stuff and gave it a wax lol, wich seat you think will suit this bike?

Heres said Pictures!

100_1688.jpg

It's eyeballing you
100_1681.jpg

Yep and it's solid too. and thats a handle bar bracing it lol

Could you show a little closer detail on the rear addition to the canti frame?

I'm curious as to how you attached the pivoting area to the drop outs of the canti frame.

I think this is brilliant. The possibilities are endless and it looks to be begging for some type of leaf spring suspension to go with it.

Most any frame with a euro type BB can be used from the looks of it, just get an BB axle length that fits the drop outs of the bike the rear triangle is being added to. All in one project you can add multi speeds, rear v brakes (or discs) and rear suspension.

I sense a lot of the "sincerest form of flattery" about to take place. :mrgreen:

I do this alot lol I make utility bikes, I aint paying like 800$ for the real kit lol heres some other pics.

If all goes well in build I replace the brace with a better one, thems my temp brace handle bars lol

100_1730.jpg

100_1728.jpg

Here yas go pete. I kindle figured out the hard way that a bike this old may need some pieces changed befor riding? lol

100_1704.jpg

100_1701.jpg

Latest posts

Back