BAD APPLE Update: DONE! (with one minor adjustment)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BAD APPLE Update: 99% DONE! HOME STRETCH

Great lookin bike. The Spaceliner with extended rear bolt on drop outs with the 24 x 3 tire is a good look. On my RRBBO4 bike the Starliner I extended the rear out 6 inches and had no clearence problem for the 24x3 tire. And that GREEN is HOT ( if you have ever done any soldering using a soldering iron heated up by natural gas you will see the most beautiful green flames ever and those flames are very much the color of your bike, HOT GREEN.
Hope you get it done and bring it over to the Art of the Bike show at the GoAway Garage this coming Friday. We want to see it!

Thanks for lookin guys! Dan: I'm gonna try to get it done so I can get it down to the show Friday, but it's gonna be tough! 8)

Hey Pick,

Looking really good! So glad things are turning out. Congrats!
1/16" is not horrible but a little unnerving.
Sometimes the rear cogs come curved so you can flip them and maybe get some room.
I think shaving the tire as a last resort is a good idea.

The green and black chrome looks so great. 8)
With the rack on now, it really shows the color balance of the bike.
The rack pulls out the green multiple tubes of the frame.
Can't wait to see the chain guard on.
Take some pics at the show.

Are you going with big tire in front?
Your mock up originally had Big and Littles.
Either way, make it ridable.
It's too cool just to look at :lol:
See you in the finished thread soon.

Go Spaceliners!

Re: BAD APPLE Update: 99.9% DONE! AFTERBURNERS LIT UP!

Tail lights are lit & I'm now dealing with the chain issue. Hope to be finished tonite or tomorrow & out for pics Sunday! 8)
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK! :wink:
afterburners.jpg

MplsCoaster : I am sticking with the same tires as on the mock up! I think the pics somehow made them look different, maybe the angle?

Thanks for lookin! Your bike is sick BTW! 8)

Looking good!
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
I think it's almost Beer 30!
beer30.jpg

Your tail lights are super bright , did you do a led conversion? , how are they powered , did you use the 12v existing led's ?

Hey Pick,

Sorry about the tire confusion. :oops:

I still can't quite see, but I've tried to download and then blow up your pics of the rear hub gear.
I think it's concave inward (towards the tire)
I think you could flip it and give your self some more room.

The tailights look great! Nice Job! 8)

kingfish254 said:
Looking good!
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK
I think it's almost Beer 30!
beer30.jpg

It's always beer thirty around here! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

socratesjpt said:
Your tail lights are super bright , did you do a led conversion? , how are they powered , did you use the 12v existing led's ?

Bought them off fleabay quite some time ago. They are 12V LED's, but I am powering them with a 9V battery. Works fine, just not as bright!

Thanks for lookin!

COOL :p I guess I gotta hurry up :lol:

Didn't even notice buddy! Already took the final pics today, so I guess I will look like a moron! :? I will fix that tomorrow & add one last final pic in my finished bike thread! I hate it when I am in a rush to meet a deadline, I always screwup under pressure! Thanks for pointing that out!

Bad Apple is DONE (except for 1 minor adjustment). Already took the pics & my bud "Brently" pointed out that I had the springer supports upside down! :x DANG! :x I didn't even notice! Anyway here are the pics, it is rideable & I will fix my screw-up tomorrow & include a final pic in the finished bike thread!
finished016.jpg

My son riding it!
finished019.jpg

tin machine said:
looks great I wouldn't change anything , great job ...see yah over in the finished section :)

Thanks tin! That means a lot comin from you! Just like everything else I have to take it to the wire! Thanks for lookin!
8)

Finally.... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really cool bike Pick, the colors really "FLOW" :mrgreen: Top notch work buddy! :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Finally.... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Really cool bike Pick, the colors really "FLOW" :mrgreen: Top notch work buddy! :wink:

Thanks SCHWINNRAY69, your bike is awesome as well! 8) :mrgreen:

Hey man, I know I'm late to the thread, but that bike is sick. I'm planning on making dropout extensions like you did. Very cool, man. Very cool.

Latest posts

Back