B.M.B. -JohnThomas Sorrels- update: Bricks Have Arrived!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got to looking at your project and I really like how it's coming out.. Love the balloon tires and the style your going with it.. Oh and just want to say that I'm also out here in the San Diego area also.. Hope to meet up some time.. Look forward to the finish product..

Sweet Ride!!! 8) You can never go wrong with a set of bricks! :mrgreen:

I got the light all mounted, just need to finish up the wiring between the battery and light. Put some temporary pedals on to get a feel for seat height and, for the first time let the bike see the light of dat, err, dark of night. Almost there, can't wait to ride it...

img0042sy.jpg

img0044ph.jpg

img0045bu.jpg

love the green details, first thing i tought tho was that with the saddle move back that much and also mounted that high the empty space between the saddle and the wheel doesn't look good, maybe you should think about lowering the saddle to get rid of the space there or maybe fill it with something? :)

UnDerzon3 said:
love the green details, first thing i tought tho was that with the saddle move back that much and also mounted that high the empty space between the saddle and the wheel doesn't look good, maybe you should think about lowering the saddle to get rid of the space there or maybe fill it with something? :)

What would you fill the space with? I can't really lower the seat because the main reason for this bike is a daily commuter so function has to come before form but I'm open for any ideas.

JohThomas Sorrels said:
What would you fill the space with? I can't really lower the seat because the main reason for this bike is a daily commuter so function has to come before form but I'm open for any ideas.

some kind of sissybar maybe?

JTS, I like the seat, if it fits that's good. With the handlebars, perhaps a stem with some rise and a swept back bar might work. My winter commuter had a mustache bar, it worked well.

I like the fact that it's not what you see every day for a cruiser build. It has cruiser elements but also has street function.

Cool bike! 8)

Do like a lot of folks do, lower the seat and flip the bars for photo ops, then raise everything for actual riding. The bike is looking good.

Wildcat said:
Do like a lot of folks do, lower the seat and flip the bars for photo ops, then raise everything for actual riding. The bike is looking good.

I always wandered if people did that or not because some of the bikes I see look unrideable unless your 4' tall, haha. I'm also thinking about adding a rear rack, not only will it fill some space and be able to carry things but will double as a rear fender for when it rains.

B.M.B. JohnThomas Sorrels-RIDEABLE!

Got a Chain today and took it for a ride. Works great but there are still a lot of little things to finish up. Currently riding on borrowed pedals and seat clamp, also working on getting a rack for the back and I need to get a shifter and shift rod still. I'll ride it to work tomorrow and see how it goes but so far I love how it rides.

Yeah we want updates on this ride! :) :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :wink: :roll: :cry: :oops: :p :x :lol: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: dude

Latest posts

Back