Awesome Clear-coat in an aerosol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rizzo, FWIW, I used the whole can on one bike. I was shooting the frame, fork, fenders and chainguard, three good coats over an initial light tack coat, like the posted instructions said. That used it all. If you're doing two bikes, you might have to limit yourself to one good coat. But, that said, I'm thinking of buying another 2-3 cans of it for other bikes in the works...

Hi, you guys know this has isocyanate in it? was going to get some til i read the data sheet :cry:

dohcA73 said:
Hi, you guys know this has isocyanate in it? was going to get some til i read the data sheet :cry:

What does that mean? Is this no longer a desirable product?

And any other updates on durability. Thx!

yeah and when you use anything with them be sure you have a REAL respirator(not a paper mask dust type! spend $20 and get one from a auto paint supplier!and remember your filters are only good for about 20hours of use and need to be stored sealed up or that time counts if theyre sitting in the open!)...cant say how well it will hold up since the shops ive worked for always shoot the jams with the same clear that we do the rest of the body. sorry i cant help on that.

I just rattle painted my motorcycle and am using the 2k spray max clear. Did the back fender today......this stuff is legit. Sprayed on like glass over enamel, decal, sticker and pinstripe. USE A RESPIRATOR!

I just rattle painted my motorcycle and am using the 2k spray max clear. Did the back fender today......this stuff is legit. Sprayed on like glass over enamel, decal, sticker and pinstripe. USE A RESPIRATOR!
Thats what I used on my GT cruiser bars.. I matched the color to my GT anno parts and pumped into Spay Max can and used the 2k Spray Max clear coat.. Nice product to used and comes out really Nice also..

i know i'm supposed to wetsand and buff it out......but seriously it looks like glass now and i dont want to lol. the spraymax 2x went off on my tank!!!

Just my two cents on the Eastman 2K products...
I bought a can of the Chassis Gloss Black and the High Gloss Clear. Used both products under less than desirable conditions... painting outside, no garage!
Save your money on the colors, I really didn't see the benefit over using any other spray gloss black aside from the nozzle working pretty nice. So I'd say save your money, use your usual choice of paint.
The clear on the other hand, I'd highly recommend. I haven't used the Spray Max 2K, but from what I've seen on Ebay the Eastman 2K Gloss Clear can be purchased a bit cheaper direct from Eastman.
Now the bad side, once that catalyst is activated you have 48 hours at max, I don't think I'd consider it outside 24 hours. You can probably do a frame, fork, beyond that I'd have a second can ready to go. I hate having to have everything ready to go and then doing a paint/clear marathon... but I guess it keeps things in an organized manor I'm just not used to, kind'a like to see things getting some color as I go.
I've heard that the 2K paints were suppose to have additional colors besides the black variations, but I've yet to see it!
Eastman 2K paint - 2.5 stars, use your regular paint, besides it only comes in black (Gloss, satin, and flat)
Eastman 2K clear - 4.5 stars (based on a 5 star rating), probably worth the added expense, definitely better than say a Krylon clear. You can also get it in a satin clear as well.

Latest posts

Back