At last!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone
At Last here is my project, there remains the front disc brake & lever to fix and will probably shorten the fork / lower handlebarsto make it look neat as you can see on the picture

2ilovgl.jpg

[edit - additional photos]
2qi9ymx.jpg

2wrpvdj.jpg

rc4xad.jpg

n225cm.jpg

JC Higgins frame (50's ?)
Skyway 24" wheels
Felt Orange Walls tires 24" x 3
Brooks saddle (nice and easy on your backside; who need modern suspension anyway when it was all invented years ago: balloon tires & spring saddles?!)
Wald 15 mm seatpost (I live in France and we cannot find 15 mm setpost over here as they were never produced - a big Thanks to Jason Kazee at Wald)
Truvativ stylo singlespeed crankset (17-32 ratio)
US to Euro bottom bracket adaptor
1" to 1" 1/2 shim
half link chain
(for those interested, I will make a longer post later on detailling the various stages - issues of the assembly)
I have begun working on project # 2 now :wink:
Cheers all over from France
BenG

THAT is a beautiful bike. great work combining all the different styles, great color choices too!
I love the rat bikes and all, but theres just something about a finished bike like this ... great work

Are those wheels composite?

As i said earlier you have inspired me with this one. I started thinking how those wheels look like old Bugatti wheels and soooo....
bugattiref.jpg

buggattibike.jpg

Please excuse my horrible photoshop skills. Some gray painted wheels, blackwalls, bugatti blue paint, red oval head badge and maybe some engine turned parts. :D

For your information, it doesn't look so on the picture but the orange paint was made by a tuning / car preparator and it is actually sparkly; it does sparkle in the sun
boardtracker fan: Actually I like your idea (and I think Bugatti's were probably the best car ever made, tho' I have never driven one I must say!); I might take it up if I can remember who's manufacturing similar bicycle billet wheels, I once stumbled upon those online, but I can't remember the link; mind you I guess they do not cost the same as the skyways!!!!

Latest posts

Back