anyone know what this is????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this mystery machine for a few years. Any info would be cool.

IMG_1751.jpg

It has a skip tooth chain, 28" tires, and a bent fork.
The only logo I can find is this on the seat.
IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

WOAH. :shock: That is just too cool... I'd say it is 1920's vintage, but couldn't tell you anything else other than that- besides the obivous, that I wish it was in my garage. :mrgreen:

Hey, I just e-mailed KC lancer he can tell you more on this bike. He's a big fan of Moto bikes. I think it's a 20's is the wheels metal-clad wood rims or are they just metal? I have a 1920's Century Moto bike and a 1930's Hawthrone and they both look alot like your's. Good luck

My first guess is going to be an early to mid 20's Columbia. What kind of hub does it have on the rear wheel? Also, can you see any outline of what the headbadge looked like. If so, post a pick of the headtube up here and that might help give a clue as to what you have here.
Lancer

I believe the rear hub is a new departure. There is no outline of a head badge because it has been repainted I am not sure how many times. That Miami does look very much the same, but it is hard to tell due to the small pics. I love all this help I am getting, thanks allot you dirty rats !!!

The SN on the BB shell is barely legible, but after much inspection and some careful paint removal I believe the SN is A17619 .
Drive side dropout
IMG_1757.jpg

Brake side
IMG_1758.jpg

well...i can safely say that those arent schwinn,davis,or elgin
other than that im no longer of use :?
you might try pming rms37....hes one of the guys from the cabe and will probably have more info(the guy has a vast knowledge of bikes) or post it in the antique bikes section at the cabe either way some one will probably know for sure

Latest posts

Back