Any news on Kickstand Magazine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been nearly six months since the last issue of Kickstand Magazine.
Just curious to know if they're still around. Has anyone spoken to or written to any Kickstand employees lately?

I wish I would get mine! I paid for a subscription in the beginning of Sept. and have not seen issue 1. I have e-mailed them 3 times and have not received any responses! Any suggestions past what I have done?

The last issue I received came at the end of October. I recall that because I took it with me to the SEMA show. I hope the subscription is for a given number of issues rather than annual, because my year is almost up and I've only gotten two. While I understand the complications of putting together an independant magazine for a specialized topic, it would still have to be phenominal to justify $10/issue with lots of outstanding content. And frankly, it is neat, but it isn't phenominal, and the content is kinda thin.

I like to type the truth in this window but I delete it. I don't have time for the aggravation. Bicycles make me smile and I will keep it that way.

bobby jimmy said:
I like to type the truth in this window but I delete it. I don't have time for the aggravation. Bicycles make me smile and I will keep it that way.
I feel the same way! I have now emailed them 5 times and tried to cancel my order, still NO RESPONSE!

Man I'm glad I read this post, I was getting ready to subscribe.
Kenny

I am just not a fan of KSM, Definitely regret getting my subscription. They are way too short and lacking in artlicles for how long they take to get sent out.

mikesbikes36 said:
sure would b nice 2 see a new one sometime .....been a while !!!

Yeah, the last one I received was late October. Seven (7!) months ago. I don't expect that I'll renew. Frankly, if a member on this site was selling parts with the same reliability, I expect that he'd have been banned some time ago, based on recent observation...

layflat78 said:
...I have now emailed them 5 times and tried to cancel my order, still NO RESPONSE!

chepe13 said:
I am just not a fan of KSM, Definitely regret getting my subscription. They are way too short and lacking in artlicles for how long they take to get sent out.

I am also not a fan of Kickstand or it's leader. Every time I inquire about when the next issue will be released and why it's taking so long, all I get are excuses and accusations of harassment. I'm a professional writer and offered to help for free, but was blown off. I asked for a refund after two issues, and never heard from him again. I really don't think they're worthy of advertisement on RRB.

deven_science said:
So, with this all in mind, does anyone else know if there's another rat bike magazine to look into? Most bike magazines I've seen are about long distance riding, or MTB's. I can't find any about cruisers, etc.

Good question!

Peatbog said:
I pretty much wrote off my $20 too, but on the good side, I figure at the present rate of publication, I have about a 4 year subscription.

Kudos on finding a silver lining...

They are not very Professional at all. Its pretty "Bush League" not answering requests for some sort of explaination..........October since the last issue??????? Come on Man!!!! :cry:

deven_science said:
So, with this all in mind, does anyone else know if there's another rat bike magazine to look into? Most bike magazines I've seen are about long distance riding, or MTB's. I can't find any about cruisers, etc.

There is one in german: Customized Magazine, take a look here: http://www.customized-magazin.de/Custom ... eset-2.htm

All issues are also readable online, you have to click the Archive and then click the cover of each magazine (as explanation in case you can not read german :lol: )

Concerning the Kickstand Magazine - I sent them emails twice and also never got any reaction, so as much as I would be interested in getting all back-issues I skipped that, as it is no professional behaviour :x :roll:

Latest posts

Back