Any Ideas on The Age and Origin?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I bought this tandem frame in a pile of auction "leftovers" last summer and have done a lot of Google and Yahoo image searches trying to decide what make and year this may have been. I can't seem to find anyone who has seen one like it before. This is the perfect group of enthusiasts to ask. The frame style obviously looks familiar but not as a tandem. All the welds look factory to me and this doesn't look like a garage project.

Any help?

20150821_012710_resized by hawk_eye_photography, on Flickr

20150821_012739_resized by hawk_eye_photography, on Flickr

BTW, no head badge and the front and back bars/humps look a bit different on the front and back.

I think it was definitely made from 2 old bikes, maybe in a welding shop, done by pros. A company would not have put the headset and part of a fork in the rear frame. The chain wheels are newer Huffy style. The frames are probably 2 different makes, but are old, from the 40's is my guess. I would get it roadworthy and enjoy it. If someone took that much time and money to have it welded up, I'd say it's straight and workable as a tandem.

idk but this is cool ! :thumbsup: i like how it all flow .. by curiosity , does the forks have signs that there was a link between them ?:39:

idk but this is cool ! [emoji106] i like how it all flow .. by curiosity , does the forks have signs that there was a link between them ?:39:
Really, link them and you got rear steering...
It looks home built to me too, frames aren't quite the same either...
But pretty cool. GTB!

Carl.

Latest posts

Back