Any E bike enthusiasts in the house?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a wildfire wf 20 e folding ebike that I enjoy immensely....when the darn thing works. Any love for the commie carrier or kits?
6712c28d.jpg

Here's mine. I'd like to paint it green and get a tan seat for it like all those cool military bikes. Instead of the company's decal I'd like write it in chineese lettering.
But first I have to go through the rats nest of wires and see which one is giving me all the trouble.

interested, but nothing built. not as cheap as cobbling up a regular bike. i have some bits and pieces of a couple things, and a compleat sunkist electric bike i got out of a thrift store with no key. i'd love to get something built just to say i did one.

edit to throw in a pic of the sunkist bike (haven't looked at it in a while. i thought i remembered it saying orange crush). i guess it was part of some kind of promotion.

Picture181.jpg

Picture182.jpg

had it 4 or so years. it had a help number on it that turned out to be a bike shop in ca. they said i ought to be able to get it apart (the power switch also locks the battery on the frame) and they had some spare parts, including the keyed switch. but i haven't been able to figure out how to get it apart without breaking something, so i never contacted them again. who knows if they still have spare parts. one day i may decide to just cut it up and make me something else out of it.

The battery is what will break the bank. I got mine for less than the price of a replacement battery.

Philphine said:
interested, but nothing built. not as cheap as cobbling up a regular bike. i have some bits and pieces of a couple things, and a compleat sunkist electric bike i got out of a thrift store with no key. i'd love to get something built just to say i did one.

edit to throw in a pic of the sunkist bike (haven't looked at it in a while. i thought i remembered it saying orange crush). i guess it was part of some kind of promotion.

Picture181.jpg

Picture182.jpg

had it 4 or so years. it had a help number on it that turned out to be a bike shop in ca. they said i ought to be able to get it apart (the power switch also locks the battery on the frame) and they had some spare parts, including the keyed switch. but i haven't been able to figure out how to get it apart without breaking something, so i never contacted them again. who knows if they still have spare parts. one day i may decide to just cut it up and make me something else out of it.

If you do cut it up let me know if you want to sell those fenders. They would be perfect for my build off bike.

I regularly read the ebike forums but have never built one. I am better with a wrench than a soldering iron. I like the way you can transport them laying on their side. There is nothing to spill.

i never thought of a lock smith. that may be too late now. once i found out i could get another key and switch the one thing i did try was sticking a screwdriver in the switch and trying to force it around. the electronics came on (too weak to do more than show one charge light), but the battery stayed lock tight.

don't know about letting go of the fenders. i guess it depends on what i might finally do to it. i think one might be bent or cracked form sitting against something else anyway, but if i do anthing with it that doesn't involve the fenders i'll try to remember you asked.

I currently have a 48V 1000watt (500 overvolted) on a Cruiser. It gets about 14miles here in the mtns. I'm using SLA and those weigh about 80lbs all together. Least to say I have worn out the brakes multiple times. The front motor has a lot of Torque! I first put it on a folding road bike and "gunned it." It sent me over the handle bars from a dead stop and bent my Steel forks into a 90. :oops: :shock:

Looking to buy some 500w Geared motors this time with 15a Lithiums. Hopefully will put them on the recumbent I'm building.

I've really looked into the batt issue, and tried figuring out how to build the cells cheap. It's just to much of a hassle for me.

I ran an E-Bike kit, 26" 500w brushless front hub, direct drive on 36 volts worth of SLA's. I had it on a Schwinn OCC chopper all last summer and it did better than I thought it would but didn't like the hills around here. It is now set up on a old Huffy Ocala step through for my friends wife to try.

Hello Outskirtcustoms,

Hope it's ok to jump in this thread, if not I would be glad to start a new one. I'm looking into an E-bike for the trip to work and back; just a 4 mile trip one way. Just started the research the other day which led me to ebay which led me to an almost local guy (in Alabama) with a Sunkist promo e-bike for sale... just like yours, which lead me here :D . He does not know anything about the bike. It would be great if I could get some basic information on the bike before traveling five hours.

Got the flame suit nearby but if bad form to ask, just let me know... here goes:
What type of batteries? Voltage? aH?
Do you have any motor specifications? This is the meat for me. I figure the batteries are crap due to age and just being in storage for so long. He said he never rode the bike.
How does it ride? I'm 5'10" 170 lbs and ride a 700 wheeler now.
Looks like the wheel free spins when motor is idle. True? Do know if that is the technical way to ask if the pedals can freely drive without motor assist... can be riden like a regular bike when batteries are dead.

Thanks for any information you may share!!

Best Regards,
Red

hello, saw your pm, but sorry i can't help you much. i just went out and looked at it, but i don't see anything on the motor that gives any voltage info, and like i said, i can't get the battery pack off to know what or how many batteries might be in it.

i never rode it powered, but i can say it rides well enough as a regular bike. it's about the size of a walmart mountain bike (i'm 5'11") and i was able to pull the seat out and get it to a somewhat comfortable position (but keep in mind i almost always ride semi recumbent type bikes and no bike like that feels comfortable to me now) you can tell it's pretty heavy, but the bike drive train works like normal.

i'll pm you the bike shop number that was on it. i guess a bike shop woudn't mind the free advertising, but just in case it's frowned upon or maybe isn't a bike shop number any more.

I went to Catalina a few weeks ago and rode some E-Bikes around the island. They were really fun, I wonder if the conversion kits I've seen around are any good.

IMG_2609.jpg

I bought this one ebay two years ago. Little old school has a German made Heisman 36 volt motor. This was new but, no battery or holder. I rigged 3 SLA’s in series and a cheap charger Bike 100 shipping 100 batteries and charger
75.00 Good for about 6 miles a trip. Not a lot but I did not have the 400 for lithium batts. I live 4 miles from work and rode it several times plus I rode it around the neighbor hood all last year. I will most likely buy a better electric sometime in the future. This bike is a blast to ride but the distance is too short. I have not had it out this year

Latest posts

Back